ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My First Bout...Soon!



Hello all.

Persistence is very important in life. I have just found that out.

As my followers may know, I have been through a lot the past three or so years.  My goal was to eventually get to the Pan-Am Games. 
However, my more recent and more realistic goal was to step into the ring in front of an audience again.

That goal is close to coming true. How close, you ask? 
Less than two weeks.
Coach Rick approached me today and asked me to do an exhibition match for the club's second anniversary.  

An exhibition is the best way to get back into the ring after all this time. It will help me get used to being in front of an audience again.

September 21 is the date. 
I would like to invite all of my readers, however, this event is limited to members and family.

That being said, the "other gym" is doing something "different". 
They are doing something called a "Tonebana Demonstration".




This poster for "Tonebana" is stuck to the mirror in the boxing studio at Bloor Fitness. Next to it is a poster for a "real" boxing show, also scheduled to be at Bloor Fitness.

"Tonebana" is on September 14, and the boxing show is on September 28. Odd coincidence that they just happen to sandwich Stockyards' anniversary show. 
Yeah. Interesting how that works.

Good luck with that "Tonebana" deal.. I will not be there. I will be preparing for my exhibition. 

"You know what time it is?!!!" 
Time to move on to other things...

...Like sparring. Real sparring. 

Richard is only allowing guys in his anniversary show who are registered with Boxing Ontario, and who have been doing regular sparring.

I try to get into Stockyards twice a week for hard sparring. Usually on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Last week, Junmar left the door open, so people from outside could watch.
There was a mother with her young son, and someone else, aunt probably.
Sparring was going on, and they were watching. 
The young one had to be no more than 9. He said, "I want to do that." 
The aunt said, "I think you have to be a bit older, about 16 or 17."
Mom said, "No. I think maybe 25."

I could not help but to laugh.

That is all for this entry.
Cheers.






No comments:

Post a Comment