ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, February 28, 2014

His Body Says Stop...His Spirit Cries Never!




Fifteen rounds. 
Remember when fifteen rounds was the standards for a professional bout?
Well, that is how much sparring I have done this week, and I feel really good about it.
I feel that I have really accomplished something.

I did three rounds on Monday, and twelve on Wednesday.
I found that I have made a lot of progression in boxing. Not just technical, but physical as well.
I am in the best shape of my life, and getting better. This time last year, there would have been no way I could have done that many rounds.
Keeping in mind that these are training rounds, so they are three minutes each. Regular competition rounds for the Master's are two minutes or less.

It is a case of the body wanting to stop, but you keep going.
That is the only way you will ever get any better.

Thanks to Will from the Bramalea Club, I have broken my bad habit of leaning forward when I throw a right cross. 

The leaning is gone, my footwork is getting better, my defense is getting better. 
All around, I am becoming a much better boxer.

I am also a lot more confident in the ring. 
I am much more aggressive. I am now more often forcing sparring partners back into the ropes.
That is a lot of improvement, since all Stockyards boxers are very good.

In other news, come out and support your local boxing gym.
There is a boxing show in March being hosted by Stockyards. 
I will not be in it, but Metropolis TV will be video recording it, and it will be available for viewing about a week later.
As a reminder, we no longer provide hard copies of programming (DVDs), but most bouts will be uploaded to archives on our YouTube channel, 'Metropolis Community Media'.

I feel that if I continue to go to the gym daily, and spar at least twice per week, I will have my first competitive bout in the spring. 
If spring ever gets here.

Cheers.


UPCOMING BOXING SHOWS

March 8 at Stockyards Boxing Gym, 7 PM
Watch it on Metropolis West TV starting March 16.

TORONTO WEATHER, February 28 2014

Clear. Low -23c / High -14c Wind Chill Warning


No comments:

Post a Comment