ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday Edition

ENTRY 378


============================================================




THIS BLOG IN ADDITION TO CONTAINING INFORMATION BASED ON RESEARCH, ALSO CONTAINS OPINION, SATIRE, AND CREATIVE PRESENTATION.
IF YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF CREATIVITY OR ARE EASILY OFFENDED, AND/OR HAVE NO DESIRE TO LEARN, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME LATER BECAUSE I AM NOT GOING TO CARE.






============================================================


This is the last entry before the Holiday season and for 2016.

Before I continue, I would like to thank all of my readers and followers.
A big thank you for your support.

Being a boxer is not easy. Being a boxer over age 40 is even more difficult.

2016 was not a good year for me as a boxer and otherwise. I did not get any wins in 2016, and I experienced my first ever knockout. Hopefully my last. 
I also had to change gyms and sanction, which was a pain in the butt at the very least. 
However, I am now on a great boxing team with a great coaching staff. 
My current coaches and team are very supportive and are urging me to continue boxing, and to train that much harder.

The day I was knocked out is likely something I won't forget, but I found out who truly cared about me after that happened. 
My coach made sure I arrived to my accommodation safely and did his best to help.
My wife took time off work to stay home with me on the following Monday to make sure I was going to be okay. 
At first, she did not want me to compete any more. However, she respects my decision and will support me either way.

In all honesty, I am really not ready to retire. I have only had six bouts as a master, and I have never been in a tournament. 
My goal is to get to ten bouts and to be in at least one major tournament like the Golden Gloves.
If that can be accomplished in 2017, I can retire for 2018.
After that I will continue to train and do a bit of sparring. 
I will continue to report on the sport and video record local boxing events. 
There may also be a possibility that I will continue in the sport as either a coach or official.
Once you are so involved in a sport it is difficult to leave.

Also, I was hoping to not have to bring up anymore about Scott Turnbull, but I do.

For some reason he followed me over to the Masters Boxing Division group, and has completely ruined my enjoyment of that group.
That is called trolling, by the way.
It is one thing to join a group I mention, but it is something else to join just to be a pain in the ass.

I can't believe he is complaining...and I thought I was being a cry baby.
He is complaining, and he won. Who complains about winning?
Scott does not belong in the Masters Division. He belongs in the Female Junior A Division, because that is how he is acting.
You know, I really hope I don't draw him in the Golden Gloves. I don't want to fight him again, not that I am the least bit afraid of him. I won't fall for his crap again, but I can just  imagine how he will behave.
I guess the only way to avoid that is to try to drop weight and drop back down to the low 170's.
Something to consider.

When I went into the Boxing Academy on Tuesday, it was the first time talking to Shanice since my bout, and even she could not believe that a knockout happened in amateur boxing.
See, I am not the only one who feels that way.
It is all about attitude. Some boxers and coaches feel that everything that walks needs to be punched out.

Going into 2017 will hopefully mean never having to mention S.T. ever again.

This post was originally only going to be about thanking people who helped me in 2016, but thanks to S.T., he spoiled that too.
He should move to Mississauga to live with all the other babies.
Mississauga is the cry baby capital of Ontario.
Just thought I'd mention that, again.

Anyway, continuing...

Also going forward into 2017, there will be some more vlog involvement. 
Starting weekly, but it could become more frequent.

A recently acquired GoPro camera will help with the production of vlogs, and once I can spar again, I may even take you into the ring with me. I think it would be interesting for people who have never been in the ring to see what it is like.

I would like to thank Adam the Woo (The Daily Woo YouTube channel) who does not know me, but gave me the idea and inspiration for creating a vlog. 

Before I close things off for the Holidays, I wish to thank the following people for their help and support throughout the past year: 

  • Richard SoucĂ© (former coach) 
  • William Quinteros (former coach) 
  • Matt Standish (former coach) 
  • Junmar Emon (former trainer) 
  • Brock Arthur (current coach and trainer) 
  • Sarah Lo (current coach) 
  • Shanice Szmidt (current coach) 


I'm sorry I could not do better for you in 2016, but I tried.

Of course, my wife Michele who supports me all the way although she does not like boxing and will not watch me box for fear of seeing me get hurt. Well, then it is just as well she couldn't make it on December 10. 
Anyway, Thank you Michele, for putting up with my busy training schedule.

I would also like to put a shout out to all of my former and current teammates as well. There are too many of you to mention each one. 

Last but not least, a big thank you to YOU. Without the readers, this blog would be pointless. 

Happy Holidays (Christmas/Hanukkah) and all the best in 2017. 

"See" you in the new year with more from the Blue Corner. 


BLOG BREAK AND CHANGES

"Comments From the Blue Corner" blog will revert to weekly posts. Starting January, the Wednesday publication of this blog will be cancelled until further notice. There will be one vlog during the week, and this blog will be posted on either Saturday or Sunday once per week.

"Comments From the Blue Corner" will be taking a break for the upcoming Holiday season.

There will be no "Blue Corner" on the following days: December 24, December 28, and December 31.

We will ring in 2017 with our first entry of the new year on January 7 or 8.

Happy Holidays to all.




=======================================================+=======

===============================================================


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday and Thursday, some Wednesdays

--and--


2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday and Saturday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment