ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Preparing To Prepare For the Brampton Cup ~ The Year In Review

    ENTRY 446



PREPARING TO PREPARE FOR THE BRAMPTON CUP

The 2019 Brampton cup is a little less than six weeks away.
Once the Holidays are over I will have just about one month to prepare.
There is already one guy in my division. I have to make sure I stay below the 81 kg threshold to stay in Light-Heavyweight.
For the Golden Gloves I went up a bit and it turned out to be a mistake.
The problem is going to be resisting all the junk over the Holidays. I'm going to be the only "freak" at the party saying, "I can't eat that. I'm in training". Hee...hee...hee...
Right now I am hovering right around 81 kg, but sometimes I slip to higher.  I have to make absolutely sure I am no higher that 81 at the time of weigh-in.
The current registrant for the Brampton Cup is from Detroit. I have already met him through Facebook. 
I want to make this work because I have never had an opponent from out of Ontario. I think this will be quite interesting.

I have not been to Cabbagetown all month, but that does not mean I have not been exercising. 
I have still been doing my weight training and cardio at Bloor Fitness. I am just taking a bit of a break from boxing training.

Although I admit I have been upstairs in the boxing area doing heavy bag and shadow boxing, a bit, but, hey, it's the Brampton Cup! I have to be ready.

I was very stressed at the Golden Gloves and it was recommended by the Boxing Ontario medical examiner that I take a break. 
Even he could tell that I was stressed out of my head.
This hiatus from boxing is going to help. Then, when I start up again on January 2, I will be refreshed and ready to go.


SAYING GOODBYE TO 2018: THE YEAR IN REVIEW

2018 was an interesting year.
It saw me realize the importance of having a good coach.
It saw me finally finding a good coach, and realizing how poor most of my previous coaches really were.

I have been criticized for frequently changing gyms and coaches. 
First of all, if I want to change gyms frequently, that is my right. More importantly, the reason for doing so is that you really can not tell how good a coach is unless you actually get the chance to work with him. Otherwise, you are making an unfair assumption. 
Let's all be honest, many coaches don't like coaching Masters. There are coaches out there who are only interested in guys who want to become professional. 
It is easier for the younger guys. They can go anywhere and get decent coaching. 


SAYING HELLO TO 2019: THE YEAR IN PREVIEW

No one can really predict the future.
However, we can help steer it into the right direction.
I still have a major announcement to make. I didn't forget. I will be making the announcement right here after the Brampton Cup.


NEW REDDIT MASTERS BOXING COMMUNITY

For boxers, coaches, and clubs interested in the Masters division, I have created a Reddit community to discuss anything about Masters boxing.
Please visit here: Masters Boxing on Reddit for more information or to request to join. Once accepted, individual posts do not need approval.


RAdiO C: \65 SERVER UPGRADE AND MOVING

Metropolis Broadcasting was unhappy with the server performance provided by the last provider.
Therefore, we are in the process of changing providers, moving and upgrading servers.

We are pleased to announce all new programming provided 24/7/365 beginning sometime in January.
Look here for updates.


HAPPY "WHATEVER DOESN'T OFFEND YOU"

From me, "The Brick",  and everyone at Metropolis Broadcasting, we wish you all "Whatever Doesn't Offend You".

We will be back during the first week of January.


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment