ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, September 22, 2023

Nice Left Hook...Too Bad It Wasn't Mine

 

    ENTRY 512| SEPTEMBER 22 /2023


SPARRING REPORT: NICE LEFT HOOK (NOT MINE, UNFORTUNATELY)

Welcome to the last blog entry of the summer.

This week I did only six rounds of sparring. On Thursday evening I sparred with the young guys. 
I like sparring with them because they move fast and so I also have to move fast. Although most of them don't hit very hard. There may be a few reasons for that. However, that is also a good thing because I can concentrate on working on specific techniques instead of having to concentrate on not getting clocked.
In the mornings there are fewer young people so sparring is mostly people closer to my age.
Some of them hit hard for some reason.
On Friday I was nailed really good on the side of the head with a left hook.  I was, and still am really annoyed by it because I don't know why I didn't see it. When things like that happen I get really frustrated but I really shouldn't. It is, after all, a combat sport, and as a participant, one should expect to occasionally be struck. It is part of the sport. I need to study why it happened so I can prevent it in the future. 

The coach has been working really hard with me on offensive/defensive techniques and has been commenting on how much I have improved during my time at Cabbagetown.
Well, having a good coach helps a lot.


OTHER PROJECTS

have several other projects on the go right now as always.
My main project in the works right now is the comedic novel "Talbot Hills Memoirs" which is now (finally) in its final proofreading stage. I have rewritten three chapters and expanded one of them. Now, it is just a matter of tweaking and looking for any grammar and spelling errors (typos). 
I am also planning on writing a special blog entry next week that I will start on Monday. 
It was something that I should have written for the 500th Entry but I didn't, so it will be the "Delayed 500th Entry".
Look for that next Friday right here.



NEXT ENTRY: September 29 /2023 


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer trained for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (165 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Wed. 0900-1100
Thu. 1730-1930
Fri. 0900-1100
Holidays 0900-1030

COMPETITION STATUS:
 ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
November 11 (tentative)
@Cabbagetoown Boxing Clun

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment