ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Monday, December 19, 2011

2011...What A Year!



Hello, loyal followers of "The Brick".
The Holidays are quickly approaching, and there will not be a lot happening.
Stockyards will be closed for the Holidays. Richard is there every damn day of the week, so no one can really fault him for wanting to take holidays off.
I will also soon be changing to "Winter Schedule", which will be posted here once I find out if there are any changes with class schedules at either of the gyms.

This will be my last post in this blog for 2011.
This was a rough year for me. There were a lot of ups and downs. I learned about who I can and can not trust in the world of boxing in Toronto.
Hopefully, I can use this knowledge to my advantage to make 2012 a better year.
My goal is to be competing by the summer.
With my great new coach, I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation.

Stockyards had another great live boxing event this past Friday. Their last for the year. There is another scheduled for February, apparently at a different venue. Rick announced it, but he did not give any details. It looks like he will be renting a bigger place for his next event, but we do not know where. I hope it is not too far.
As for the Stockyards boxers, Junmar won his match, but unfortunately Mikhail lost his after two Standing-8's in Round Three.
Both of these bouts will be posted on YouTube later this week by my production company, D-I-T-O Productions. With any luck, I would like to have Junmar's bout available in 3D. Unfortunately, I have been having problems with the new software, so the 3D may have to wait until next time.
Copies of the event will be available to everyone at regular rates, Blu-Ray $15, DVD $10, Unauthored DVD $5. These will be available in January. Contact me for details.

Moving forward to the Holiday season, I will continue my regular training. As the song says, "In the warrior's code, there's no surrender, his body says stop,  his spirit cries never".
Bloor Gym is open during the Holiday season for members, and you can be sure I will be in there on December 25, pounding away on the bag!

Anyway, another year over and gone forever.
To all my readers, Happy Holidays, whatever Holidays you celebrate.


Paul "The Brick" Brec
Stockyards Boxing Team, Masters Novice Division, Heavyweight (92 kg)



No comments:

Post a Comment