ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Monday, January 6, 2014

Back To Stockyards...Soon




Hi all. 

I really need to be getting back to Stockyards. A combination of Holidays, a rough work schedule, being sick, and extreme winter weather, have all been keeping me away. 
However, I promise, I will be back for Junmar's technical class on Wednesday.
I really have a lot of catching up to do, especially sparring.
Although, I was able to keep up with the rest of my training at Bloor Fitness, as crazy as that place is.

Of course, it also does not help that the Mississauga buses are never on time. 
Oh yeah, I knew that the buses being on time would not last. I gave it three weeks. Yeah, sure. The day after my last entry, the bus was late. It was also late twice after that.

I did some research, and I found out why Mississauga buses are rarely on time. 

It really is against the law.

I looked it up and I found this law:


City of Mississauga Bi-law 192-4, passed in 1998:

All public vehicle operated by the City shall allow allow buffer time prior to departure.  
If said vehicle is a scheduled coach operated by the City, it shall leave no earlier than six minutes past its scheduled departure time. Such scheduled coaches may also leave up to a maximum of thirty-five minutes past its scheduled departure time, if the operator of the said vehicle feels it necessary for the purposes of passenger security and safety. 

I found this very interesting, so I looked up more information, and found out that although the law is rarely enforced. When it is, a bus driver, for example, could face up to a $300 fine.

That explains why Mississauga buses are so often late.

So, it looks like I need to keep doing what I have, and schedule my tasks around the buses being late...at least six minutes, but up to 35.

Anyway, I look forward to getting back into training a stockyards with Coach Junmar, Coach Rick, and the rest of the team.

I will have another report for everyone here, after Wednesday's sparring session.

Cheers.








No comments:

Post a Comment