ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Where There's A Will, There's A Way

ENTRY 272


Sunday Training With Will: Where There's A Will, There's A Way

I went into Stockyards on Sunday morning to train with Coach Will.
I was working with him for over 90 minutes.
It was the most constructive session I ever remember having at Stockyards.

Will had me doing drills with both Newton and Kofi, as well as a ton of exercise.
We also did a drill involving side-stepping  along the ropes, and one guy in the center selectively throwing a medicine ball to each. You had to catch the ball, and then throw it back, all while side-stepping. You also had to change the direction of your steps when the coach yelled "switch!" 
Interesting drill.

Will commented that I had improved a lot, but I was still "soft".
I guess that means that I am still too nice.
Yes, I know, but the way things are going, that won't last long.
I am working hard on not being so nice in the ring, and the fact that Stockyards has permanently pissed me off, that should be an easy task.

Will is a good coach, and I just wish he was at Stockyards more often.


Tough Monday Sparring

Four rounds on Monday. One with James, and three with Leo.
James is good to spar, because he will help you work on specifics. He also hits really hard, so is great for working on defence. 
Since my defence is 'shit'. Which is interesting, since James was hardly able to hit me. I'm sure I would have noticed if he did.
As for Leo, I ran circles around him as usual.
He has this stupid stance. He stands like an MMA guy. This just in: This is boxing, not MMA.
He he no body defence, so all you have to do is get under his arms, and pound the shit out of his ribs.
If it doesn't stop him, you will win on points.
Yeah, and Leo is going to fight Andy next week?
Fuck, Andy stopped me. What the hell is he going to do to Leo? He'll tear him right apart.

Well, not really my problem now, is it?
I do not give a shit any more.


Dunce Awards: New Leader

I am trying to cut down on the number of non-boxing related articles within this column.
However, as most of you are aware, I seem to be a stupidity magnet.
Often times, responding with a sarcastic response is the best way for me to deal with it.

Last week, I experienced what could only be described as the stupidest thing I have ever experienced in my life.
Congratulations to a new company that is now on the leader board for this year's Dunce Awards.
Enter finance company, Loan Away.

Last week, I applied for a loan consolidation.
At first they told me I was "pre-approved", but they wanted more information.
Seriously, they collected all of my banking information and my pay stubs.
After two days, I was told that they would not loan to me because I have "too many outstanding loans".
Ummmmmm...yeah.
Let me repeat that: "We will not consolidate your loans, because you have too many loans".
I have been going over this again and again, and still can not find a logical link.
This has to be the single most stupidest thing I have ever heard,
I mean, isn't having a lot of loans the main reason for a loan consolidation?
I thought I was doing the right thing. It is easier to keep track of a single loan as opposed to three.
Oh, yeah, I have three outstanding loans totalling a whole $2000. That is apparently "too many".

Now this company, Loan Away, has all of my person information, and has no plans of lending to me.
That bothers me a lot.
Plus, the fact that they "pre-approved" me before asking for any financial data. There is something not right about that.

I am kind of angry at myself for falling for it, but I figured that being 'pre-approved', they would not ask for so many details.

A word of warning, do not try to borrow from Loan Away. Be careful. Sometimes they advertise on Facebook, and other places on the internet.

Just based on the fact that they are not honest, and that stupid statement they made, has put this company in the lead for this year's Dunce Award.

Their slogan is: "We hate to say no."
I have changed it to something a bit more honest: "We hate  > like to say no >after collecting all your personal information".

======================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION DUE: January 1




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

THIS GYM IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
OTHER GYMS BEING CONSIDERED:
SULLY'S, SIBERIA, CABBAGETOWN


"The Brick"
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment