ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, December 4, 2015

Kill Will ?

ENTRY 281


Sparring Report

Eight rounds total sparring on both Wednesday and Thursday.

Richard had me spar Junior and Newton on Wednesday.
Two rounds with Junior could not really be called sparring. It was more of me chasing Junior around the ring.
He was just sidestepping along the ropes, and when I came in to attack, he took off.

It was an interesting session.
It kept me moving, and I think that's why Richard did that.

Two rounds with Newton, and he is getting better.  For a smaller guy, he is tough.

On Thursday, Will had me do four rounds of sparring with Nick, plus two rounds of drills.

Despite not getting any sparring on Monday and Tuesday, I was able to fulfill my eight rounds this week, and it was good sparring.


Brampton Cup Training Update: Kill Will

Yeah. Sometimes I feel that way.
Will has really been pushing me.
In addition to sparring and drills, he wants me to do six rounds of jump rope and at least four rounds of shadow boxing.
Also, 200 sit-ups, 100 push-ups and 300 squats.
You know, I was almost able to do all of it.
Keeping in mind, I am in my 40s. I don't think I am doing too poorly. I see myself being able to do all of it by the Brampton Cup.

At one point Will said, "Somewhere there is an opponent who is doing this".
Wow. Yeah, that is inspiring. Way to get your athletes to work harder.
He is a tough coach, but I really can't complain. I wanted a tough coach. I got a tough coach.


Coach Progress Reports

I am happy to announce that there has been improvements. 
Unfortunately, with the new required grade of "B+", Stockyards has failed again this month with a grade of "B-".

Here is the November report:


Here is the October report for reference:

They went from a 'C+' to a 'B-' in one month, and that is very good.
Both Richard and Will showed improvement.
However, I have raised my standards, as I said I would.

Junmar's grades dropped a bit, as he is spending less time coaching.
This can be due to the fact that he is in training for his own professional title bout.
Although his score reflects upon the gym, I am not faulting him for it, as I am expecting it to improve after his bout.

Will has been taking a lot of time to coach me for the Brampton Cup.

For these reasons, I will keep Stockyards on probation until after the Brampton Cup.
However, during that time, I will still expect a 'B+' average.
Ultimately, everyone knows that I am not going to budge from Stockyards until at least after the Brampton Cup.

There is no grading for "competition" in November since I have not expressed any interest in competing, as I am focusing all my energy on the Brampton Cup. Therefore, I can not very well fault the coaches.

Thanks again to Will for coaching me for the upcoming tournament in Brampton.
He has been giving me the confidence I need to perform well.

The next progress report will be issued on December 30.
(No publication on December 31 or January 1)


Junmar Emon Competes For the Championship Next Friday At Mattamy

See the CITY-TV report HERE.

Still capture from CITY-TV Toronto. 


"Blue Corner" Holiday Breaks

"Comments from the Blue Corner" will not publish any material on December 24, 25, 26 and on December 31 and January 1 to observe the Holiday season.


======================================================





"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION DUE: January 1




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

THIS GYM IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
OTHER GYMS BEING CONSIDERED:
SULLY'S, SIBERIA, CABBAGETOWN


"The Brick"
                                                                        





No comments:

Post a Comment