ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Mississauga Maybe

 ENTRY 334


MONDAY SPARRING

I did four rounds of sparring on Monday, focusing on offence.
It was my first time in the ring after vacation.
Back to training.


POSSIBLE BOUT IN MISSISSAUGA

This was the first time I was sent a direct request for a bout.
A guy from Kingston requested a match on July 24 hosted by HUF.
I don't usually like competing away from my home gym, but with the few options for opponents in my division, I do not have a lot of choice.
The Kingston team is coming a long way, a 3-hour drive.
Although, if they are willing to come back in September, I would like to do this at the next Stockyards' card. If not, I will have to go to Mississauga.

Due to this, I am back on pre-bout training and diet.


DIFFERENCES AND NO-SO DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TORONTO AND HAMILTON

One thing I noticed while visiting Hamilton, was that traffic was very respectful to pedestrians.
It was never difficult to cross the street there. Vehicles would always stop to let me cross.
That does not happen in Toronto. Good luck trying to get across the street in Toronto.

One thing the same --wait for it-- too long of a wait for a bus.
Yes, you saw that coming around the corner, didn't you?

One time while in Hamilton, I waited 46 minutes for a bus.  That added to travelling time, and I could have walked in less time. If I knew where the hell I was going, I would have.
By-the-way, that has now happened four times in Toronto.
It makes you wonder why anyone bothers taking the bus?
Fares go up, service goes down...and not just in Toronto.
What the hell is wrong with public transit in Ontario lately?


====================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================




"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment