ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Golden Gloves Announced ~ Golden Gloves Training

    ENTRY 439


GOLDEN GLOVES COMING SOON BUT NOT IN TORONTO


Boxing Ontario has just announced the Golden Gloves will be held during the first weekend of December.
However, for every year previously it has been held in Toronto, but not this year.

Here is a hint: Honeymoon Suite.

Yes. This year the Golden Gloves is being held at the Scotiabank Convention Centre on Stanley Street in Niagara Falls.





The thing is that almost everyone who will be competing in the Golden Gloves will have to stay in Niagara Falls.

The good news is that hotels in Niagara Falls are very inexpensive this time of year. I have seen as low as $50 per night.
However, I don't think the hotels know that their city is going to be hosting the Golden Gloves this year...yet.
All the athletes converging onto Niagara Falls for one weekend is going to create one hell of a demand for rooms. That is going to cause rates to go up. Possibly double. 
My suggestion to anyone planning on going to the Golden Gloves is to reserve your room NOW, because once the hotels discover what will be going on that weekend, that's all she wrote. You can always cancel if you don't go. 

I have decided to wait and see if anyone else registers in my division before I register.

Boxing Ontario still owes me $40 from the Silver Gloves. I think it will be a while before I see that.


GOLDEN GLOVES TRAINING STARTS NEXT WEEK

Training starts next week for the Golden Gloves tournament. I have to prepare just in case.
I will be going back to six times per week and longer sessions of 90 minutes or more.


DID THE STAIRS

I did do those stairs a couple of times while I was in Hamilton.
Not that difficult, but it should not be for me anyway.


TRAINING SCHEDULE


Currently training 5 days a week:

MONDAY: Swimming and running/sprints, 45 min @ University of Toronto Athletics 
TUESDAY: Technical Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
WEDNESDAY: Core and Weight Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club 
THURSDAY: Technical Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
FRIDAY: Sparring, 6 - 8 rounds @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
SATURDAY: Rest day
SUNDAY: Rest day


═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment