ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Silver Gloves Registration=Done ~ Music Is My Inspiration

    ENTRY 437


IT IS DONE: SILVER GLOVES REGISTRATION 



The only problem is...there are no other names!

Actually, a couple more have appeared since publishing this blog, but neither in my weight category.

Although Silver Gloves training will continue until mid- next week as per the schedule below. 



MUSIC THAT INSPIRES ME

Music is a form of art. Well, some of it is. Some may argue that modern music is no longer an art but just all about money.
That may be true. However, there are a few that come through as being exceptionally artistic. 
Some music makes you think. That is art.
Following is a list of the top five music that makes me think about myself and my life and the mistakes I have made and what inspires me to move on and do better.

These are different from songs I use for training. My training music playlist is purely used to inspire me to train better as opposed to just pondering about life.



DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' (JOURNEY)
This is a staple inspirational song, but over-used which is why it is only number five on this list. Although still not bad.
"Don't stop believing,"





LOSE YOURSELF (EMINEM)
Although I am not a fan of this particular type of music, I do like this song because of the meaning behind it.
The most powerful line is the very last:
"You can do anything you set your mind to, man."



REACH (SURVIVOR)
Most people remember this band for their huge hit "Eye of the Tiger", but they have many more gems such as this one.
"You have to reach to meet your dreams."




SOMEBODY'S OUT THERE (TRIUMPH)
This Canadian band from Mississauga made it to this list as my second-most inspirational song by asking the question:
"Are we victims of circumstance when destinies collide?"






SOLSBURY HILL (PETER GABRIEL)
This is the one piece of music that really makes me sit back and think about the mistakes I have made in my life especially during my boxing career. Having to make a decision and finding out it is the wrong one and then trying to correct it.
"Open doors would soon be shut---although my life was in a rut---which connection I should cut"
Powerful. For me.




Check out my training music HERE. (Spotify playlist)


TRAINING SCHEDULE

Currently training 6 days a week until October 8 (Silver Gloves Training Camp)

MONDAY: Swimming, 30 min @ University of Toronto Athletics 
TUESDAY: Technical Training, 90 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
WEDNESDAY: Core and Weight Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club 
THURSDAY: Technical Training, 60 min @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
FRIDAY: Sparring, 6 - 10 rounds @ Cabbagetown Boxing Club
SATURDAY: Running/Sprints, 20 mins @ University of Toronto Athletics
SUNDAY: Rest day


----------------------------------

RAdiO C| 65 is currently broadcasting a few hours a day.
Select the link to the right to listen.
Usually, the stream is live in the evenings on Wednesday and Thursday and sometimes overnights (Eastern time).

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment