ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, July 31, 2020

Gyms Are Open? (Sort of)

    ENTRY 480  July 31 /2020


Gyms Are Finally Allowed To Open In Toronto, but...

Today is the day that gyms and fitness centres are supposed to begin the re-opening process. However, not all of them feel that they need to follow that protocol. The boxing gym I attend is one of them.

Apparently, Cabbagetown Boxing Club will not be re-opening. I am hearing that they are not ready and that it will be three to four months.

Three to four months? I am already down six months of training. Why are they not ready to open? I need to get back to proper training. I mean, walking and running and exercising are okay, but I am an athlete. I need to get back to my sport, properly. 

Other gyms are preparing to switch into Drive, but Cabbagetown isn't even in Neutral. They are still in Park.

This is okay for the time being since combat sports have not started up yet, but I still want to hit the heavy bag. It has been months since I have even seen one. 
Once sparring starts again, definitely, I need to jump back in. 
From the timeline I have calculated, I figure that sparing will be able to start sometime in October.

Until sparring starts, I will train at Bloor Fitness. I can hit the heavy bag upstairs. Hopefully, they will have that part open. I have heard nothing about not being able to have heavy bags available, except that they have to be further apart. That should be as easy as just removing some.
However, once sparring starts, I will need to go to a gym that offers it regularly. If Cabbagetown is open by then, I will go back to Cabbagetown, but they will have to be ready when I am ready. Otherwise, I will find someplace else. It certainly won't be the first time. 
I like Cabbagetown because I like the people there. Nobody is really an asshole. It is pleasant and fun. My only beef with them is that they won't let me compete, and of anyone there, I am the one who deserves to compete. I have broken my butt in half six days a week. If I do go back, there is going to be a change. 
Regardless of where I train, beginning in 2021, I will compete at least twice a year. I still don't want to do tournaments, just local club events. I train hard, and I have been boxing for a long time. What I am requesting is not in any way unreasonable. 

I am already ticked off over this whole "pandemic" crap with all the cry-babies and their bullshit, and it is getting worse. Now, Mayor John Tory is annoying me with his dictatorship bullshit, but that is a story for another entry.
Believe me, this is not a good time to agitate me.

I am done. Done. That's it.

That is my plan, and I am sticking to it. 
I am not waiting for anyone any more.



--Paul 'The Brick' Brec




No comments:

Post a Comment