ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pre-Bout Training, Diet and Sparring

ENTRY 327


PRE-BOUT TRAINING

I have started my training and diet for the June 25 card.

I have a lot to do, and I just realized that I have also raised the bar. I did very well last time, even though I did not win. However, it will now be expected that I perform that way every time.
That is fine. I understand and expect that. I am ready for that.

Although, I don't yet have a confirmed opponent, it does not hurt to be in pre-bout training.


SPARRING

Sparring is back. At least for Monday.
A few showed up for sparring and Richard is back from being sick.

This is something I really need to concentrate on over the next few weeks. I really need to work on offence. Even during sparring on Monday, I noticed myself that it still needs work.

There was no sparring on Tuesday, so I need to get in a few rounds on Wednesday and Thursday.


DROPPING WEIGHT AGAIN

After struggling a bit at 179 lbs. for a while, I am now down to 177 lbs.


MOVIN' ON DOWN

Since there is not much to comment on about boxing in this entry, time for a rant.
Well, not really.

I am once again looking for an apartment.
I have been here just about a year and a half, and they are pissing me off.

I am not going into details, but this seems to be a 'thing' with Toronto landlords.
They advertise an apartment for really low rent to get you to move in, and let you stay for the duration of the initial lease, and then do things to piss you off to get you to move out so they can increase the rent.
For those not from Ontario, it is against the law in Ontario for a landlord to increase rent while a unit is occupied, except to meet inflation standards.
What happens is when rents in an area increase due to--whatever causes rents to increase-- then landlords have tenants that have been in the building a long time and are paying below market value for rent, so they look for creative ways to get you out, so they can bring the rent up to market value.
I seem to be having very bad luck with that.

I already discussed what happened when I lived in the Junction.
I was there for eight years, and when I moved there the area was low-demand.
Anyway, you already know that story.
I then moved to Stockyards, which is a lower-rent area despite being literally two blocks away from the Junction.

I found a place for rent on Dundas Street at Runnymede, and (I timed it) it is 9 minutes walk to the Stockyards Boxing. It is also on the number 40 bus route, so it is easy to get to Bloor Fitness as well.
However, being that it is technically in the Junction, the rent may be out of my range.
I am going to call to get more information, and maybe look at it.
There is retail on the bottom floor, but it is currently vacant.

The other place I am considering is only about a block south from where I currently reside.
The building is called the Green Towers, um, because it is green.
Hmmm, can you imagine me living in a green building?
Green.
I am also making an appointment to look at this one.







I don't want a place that is too inexpensive.
I want to avoid this having to move every year because the landlord turns into a greedy dickhead.



====================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"








No comments:

Post a Comment