ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, March 10, 2023

"Rocky 4" Is Not That Great (No Kidding)

 

   ENTRY 489 | March 10 /2023

 

SPARRING REPORT: FRIDAY

I did five rounds of sparring on Friday and the coach was quite impressed and so was I. 
I am generally very critical of my sparring results, but I was quite pleased with how I did on Friday.
The coach continued to work with me on the "left...left...left" and wanted me to practice it while sparring. I was also trying to get a check hook in, but I found it difficult to do. Just like with everything else, it is easier to do shadow boxing than while sparring, but that is the whole idea of sparring.

Coach has been on me about using the jab more to push my opponent to the ropes and I successfully did that, twice. I then went crazy on the body -- excellent.

I like it when a plan comes together.


YOUTUBE LIKES THAT NOW OR HOW I MANAGED TO TEAR APART MOVIES ABOUT BOXING

I was finally able to upload a video to my new YouTube channel "The Brick".
This new channel will feature me reacting to films and TV about boxing and the inaccuracies of most of them. 
I was able to get by the copyright issue by explaining that it was a situation of "fair usage". Although, I don't see why I needed to do that. It was obviously a "fair usage", but anyway...

The first film I picked on was "Rocky 4". It was absolutely one of the worst for being inaccurate in its portrayal of boxing. Not to mention how poor of a boxer Rocky really was.

Going forward, I will be producing a video weekly with each featuring my commentary on a film, TV show or other, that has mistakes about boxing or otherwise.

Check out the first video hers, as I tear right into "Rocky 4" (1985): HERE

Also, if there is a boxing film, TV, or video of any kind you would like me to consider reviewing, submit it to me and I will have a look.



NEXT ENTRY: March 17 /2023


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@paulbrickboxer)  and Mastodon (Paul'TheBrick'boxer), and see me tear apart inaccurate films and TV about boxing on YouTube at "The Brick"
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
72 kg (160 lbs.) 

STATUS:
ACTIVE

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

 


No comments:

Post a Comment