ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, March 9, 2024

"Open House" -and- If Mike Tyson Can Do It...

 

    ENTRY 534| MARCH 9/2024


"OPEN HOUSE" 

The Cabbagetown Boxing Club had its "Member Appreciation" on Thursday, and I have to say that as a member i didn't feel appreciated.
I was asked to attend to participate in the boxing demonstration, but once I was there I was snubbed along with several others. Apparently, the demonstration coach only asked his "favorites" to participate.
They wouldn't even let me help with the setup. I arrived early to help only to be told "Don't touch anything".
Basucally, I did diddly, so why did they ask me to be there? Sure, I got in a bit of training, but that isn't the point.
Can you understand why that would be frustrating?
I think it will be a while before I do another one of those.

WEEKLY SPARRING REPORT

THIS WEEK;  7 ROUNDS
FOCUS:  CHANGING STANCE

I was able to do seven rounds on Tuesday with the expectation of doing a bit on Thursday during the demonstration, but you already know how that turned out.
However, seven rounds in one session is really good and I was able to work on the switch between Orthodox and Southpaw stances. It. seems to work well for me and my coach loves it.

IF MIKE TYSON CAN...


Big news in the boxing community right now is Mike Tyson's comeback versus Jake Paul.
My regulars will already know how I feel about Jake Paul. 
You also know that it is my feeling that Mike Tyson is one of the best boxers of all time and that it was him that got me interested in the sport in the first place.
Some have been saying that Mike is too old to be a boxer and you all definitely know how I feel about that so don't go there. As a matter of fact, Mike Tyson and I are the same age.
I have seen him train. He is still fast and can still kick butt. 
I have also seen Jake Paul train. He is not taking it very seriously, but he never has. He thinks boxing is a big joke. He's the joke
This is going to be on Netflix and although I am a Netflix subscriber, I don't think there is any point in watching, I think we already know the outcome. What do you think will happen when you match one of the world's biggest boxers with one of the world's biggest fools?









NEXT ENTRY: March 15 /2024 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer, training since 1982.

Political lean: None. (middle)

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs): INTJ

Education: College Diploma (Applied Arts)

Lives in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada  (The Junction/Stockyards Village)

Born in: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Entertainment Likes: Rock music and psychological drama films

Favorite books: Fahrenheit 451, The Catcher In the Rye, Slaughterhouse-Five, Of Mice and Men, 1984

BOXING STATS

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
76 kg (170 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)
Southpaw (right lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Mon: 0900-1100
Tue 1730-1900
Thu 1730-1900
Sat 1100-1300

COMPETITION STATUS:
ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment