ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Starting A New 'Life' With A New Gym!

Well, with the unfortunate situation at the Bloor Street Gym, I had to find another location.
I visited different boxing locations, interviewed the coaches, studied the program and at the same time, I was assessed.  To decide where my next boxing gym will be, I took all of these into consideration. And after a bit of deliberation, the winner is...Kingway Boxing Club! Congratulations.


I chose this location because I liked the coaches. It is a small location with few members, and there is one-on-one coaching. They focus only on boxing. The fact that I am in my 40's does not bother them. As a matter-of-fact, I was offered a chance to compete in the Master's Tournament in St. Louis this August. They also have club matches I can compete in.
There ring is in very good shape, and so is the rest of the equipment. The heavy bags are not wrapped with duct tape, and the speed bags work. Yes, speed bags. Wow, imagine a boxing gym with working speed bags!


The only thing is that this new gym is in an odd location. Its in the back of a warehouse. When I went to first look at it, I went at night and passed it three times. However, now that I know where it is, it is not so bad. It is on the way home from work. I just go to Kipling station and take the 44 bus for a few blocks.
As for the Bloor Gym, I will continue my membership for a while longer.
So far, things are looking good for the new place. Let's hope this is the start of a new (boxing) relationship.

Paul "The Comeback Kid"

No comments:

Post a Comment