ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, January 7, 2011

Holidays Are Over...Back To Normal...A.F.U !

Yes, the Holidays are over, and that means things are returning to normal, all F'd up.
The only thing, I don't know if I will be returning to Junmar's classes right now. Nothing against Junmar, he is a good teacher. That's the problem. His classes are too crowded. I don't like that much crowding when I am trying to train. I did request that they add more classes, but just like everything else I requested, it will not happen.
I have not been going up for Tim's training lately. For one thing he is never there, and it is a very long trip to go all the way up there for nothing. Right now, I am back to training myself. I have been going into Bloor Street after the classes are finished. 
As much as I hate to say it, I have not been happy with Bloor Street Boxing lately. Some new members have been coming in, and some of them are complete buttholes. I know all the "regular" members, and we all get along.
On Sunday, these two assholes come up to the boxing area, and started blasting this God Awful music, and it was really loud. Excuse me, can't you see I am trying to [[seriously]] train here? These guys were not even boxing. They were piss-assing around! When I left, I gave them a dirty look. I mean, that is rude. When I train, I train without music, or I use my own CD of training music set to my training proceedure, and sometimes I just play the radio softly. However, I do that at times when there is nobody up there. I don't just walk in and just blast crap into someone's ears.
Then on Wednesday, once again the place was in a huge mess. I am forever having to clean up around the ring. Junmar is the only one who cleans up.
Another ass member once said I have OCD because I am always cleaning up the gym. Well, excuse me for wanting to have a clean and safe environment. Is it my fault that the other members are slobs? I'll give you OCD. Is constantly punching a guy up side of the head also considered OCD? Sorry, no don't do that.
On Wednesday, I went up just after 10:00, and the were only a couple of guys there. I would like to say thet the gym had their own music playing, which is sometimes not too bad. This one "song" came on that had the "N-word" repeated about 10 times. I turned the whole freaking thing off. I can't beleive thay would play something like that at a gym. If I hear it again, I will likely complain. That is disgusting.
Anyway, there was this guy with a little timer, punching the crap out of one of the bags, but he obviously had no boxing skills. He was thowing punches like an ape. No footwork, no defense, no skill. Why the hell are you bothering with the timer? Only boxers need a timer.
Anyway, the edges of the ring were a mess again, and this guy climbs under the ring to grab the evil NO SPARRING sign. He put it up against the ring ropes. Thank you for that.
This guy claims to work there, although I have never seen him before...well, once. He was pretending to box, just like he pretends to work there.
That's not the point. It's in my fucking way! Nobody pays any attention to it anyway. One day I am going to throw it onto the street and maybe a streetcar will run it over.
At this point I was pissed, and I just dragged my arm across the edges of the ring and pushed everything to the floor, evil sign included.. I'm sorry, but when I am training in the ring, the edges have to be clear so I don't fall and break my face. If this "employee" really does work there why doesn't he help clean up instead of being a pain in the ass?
What is his job, pissing off the members? They should give him a raise.
The last time I saw him, he accidently set of the security system for poking around in places he shouldn't. When the security comapany called, he claimed to be the "human resources manager", and Paul (the owner) did not give him the code. Well, maybe there is a reason Paul did not give him the code?
Paul is a great guy, and is one of the reasons I keep going to the Bloor Street Boxing. I hate to sound like a compaliner. However, my requests are not unreasonable. If I had room, I would set up my own gym. There is a reason why I am paying to use someone else's.
I also remember a time last week when I slipped on a puddle outside the shower and broke my toe. I mentioned it to management, and all they did was put up a "Caution Wet Floor" sign. That's not what I meant. How about drying off inside the shower stall, instead of drip-drying outside. Wow, what a concept!
Anyway, that's all for this entry. I'd like to see if anything changes around Bloor Street after writing this blog. Something tells me, it won't.

Paul "The Comeback Kid"

Bloor Boxing and Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment