ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Canned from Kingsway !!!

Well, I don't know how to say this, but I have been kicked off of the Kingsway boxing team.
I was not happy with the quality of coaching, and I made the mistake of bringing my concern to the coaches. Apparently, nobody is allowed to express an opinion there. My main concern was lack of feedback.  Is it not a coaches job to provide feedback to the athletes? Yeah, I thought so too, but that is not how they feel at Kingsway. Asking for feedback there results in a sarcastic answer, and being told I am being disrespectful. How paying for coaching, not getting it, and then asking for it, is being disrespectful?
I had been there for eight months, and was apparently told that I would eventually be allowed to compete again, but I never saw any signs of that ever happening. Then I was told, "Just because you are in a competitive boxing program does not mean you are going to compete"...Huh? That does not even begin to make sense. What the hell else is the purpose of a competitive boxing program?
The feeling I have been getting for a while is that I don't think the coaches were taking me seriously. They were leading me down a path, and pretending to care, but really didn't. They were just waiting for the right moment to boot me, and they found it.
This is just another let-down, and I have to say I am very disappointed. I have put a lot of effort into this.
All I want is for a boxing coach to take me seriously, and give me a chance. I don't see why that is such a difficult request to fill?
Please, any boxing coach in the Toronto area willing to take me seriously. I will work very hard, and do my absolute best for you.  All I ask is to be honest with me, and give me a reasonable chance.

Coaches please respond. Serious inquiries only.

1 comment:

  1. Ah I have to agree here Paul. The whole purpose of coaching is to provide feedback to the trainee. It does not make sense to say you can not ask for an opinion.

    ReplyDelete