ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I *Still* Just Want To Be A Boxer...Why Is This *Still* So Difficult, Damnit?!

OK, so the pain in the ass is getting worse. I think this is something that a simple Tylenol can not fix.
As much as I like and want to train with Richard at his new facility, I may not be able to.
He has posted his schedule for competitive boxing, and his training is Monday to Friday at 5 PM. OK, that's great. I'll just take time off work so I can train for an amateur sport.  I was looking around at some other boxing clubs, and they all seem to have a similar schedule. I don't know why boxing coaches have such wacko schedules? With every other sport, when do they train? Evenings and weekends. Why? Because people WORK.
I contacted Richard about his schedule, and he was very nice about it. He said that he was flexible with the schedule, and would have to see what will happen as he gets going. That is understandable as he is just starting his new business.
However, I was told the exact same thing at Kingsway, and they bitched every time I made a suggestion. Sometimes telling me, "You agreed to our schedule when you signed up with us, so we don't have to change anything".
So, forgive me if I am not going to jump on this. I might join Stockyards on a month-by-month basis right now. I would like to put the feelers out to see where this is going. Richard is not new to coaching boxing, but he is new to having his own business. I hope he understands the "rules" of operating a business. For example, customers are going to give feedback (complain), they are going to provide suggestions (complain). Big deal. That is what customers do. You can't take it personal, throw a tantrum and cancel service. I work for a major communications company, and do you have any idea how many people complain about their cell service? If we cancelled an account every time someone complained, we would not have any customers left.
Anyway, if I do decide to join Stockyards, I will not be overly-concerned about competition right now, anyway. If Richard wants me to join his team, I'd be happy to do so. However, right now I'd be happy just doing recreational boxing /open sparring just for the exercise.
Richard noted that he has never seen me spar, so he has no idea of my boxing abilities. Well, here is his chance. I would be more than happy to show him my abilities. All I ask, is for what I keep asking, keep me informed and don't pretend to care.
An update to my case against Kingsway: I have spoken with a lawyer and was informed that they are required to refund me for any unused services. They did, even though they called it a 'courtesy'. In addition to that, as they were misleading and did not provided the expected services, I can also try for a partial refund of what I have paid towards the monthly fees. I will be doing that. I am also going all out to expose the truth about Kingsway Boxing Club, and the behind-the-scenes stunts they pull. Seriously people, don't ever consider Kingsway.  Even their so-called "Fight Camp" is misleading. They advertise, "Take our Fight Camp and get your Amateur Boxing License," and a bunch of other things. Well, first of all, there is no such thing as an "Amateur Boxing License". You get certified through Boxing Ontario by sending in a form with $57...and voila, you are certified. You don't need a "Fight Camp". Secondly, I took "Fight Camp", and I don't have my "Amateur Boxing License"....because I have not yet sent the form!
Despite what you may hear, Kingsway Boxing is no where near what they are representing. Come to Stockyards instead.
Stockyards is not yet open, but you can drop in this week to have a look around and pre-register. Visit their website or Facebook for more info.


For information on Stockyards Boxing:
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness

Paul "Still Pissed Off" Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment