ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sparring Days May Be Numbered At Bloor

Well, I went in today for sparring class at Bloor Fitness, and the owner Paul Ryan was there. It is unusual for him to be there so late, but there was a reason.
Apparently, he was not aware of all of these sparring sessions. To put it lightly, he had a shit-fit. I 'm not sure if you remember when I mentioned that I have never experienced one of his lectures? Now I have. Lucky me.
I have to say that to a certain extent he is right. Bloor is not certified for sparring. At the same time, he said that we were doing hard sparring, and not wearing headgear.  Well, we were not wearing headgear because we were supposed to be soft sparring.
I would have thought that if the staff of Bloor were allowing sparring, that it had been cleared by Paul. However, the staff are trying to keep the members happy by doing what was requested.
I think this is one of those situations where everyone is right and let's agree to disagree.
I don't think there is anything wrong with doing light sparring with supervision, and from what I hear, despite Paul's shit-fit, they will continue the light sparring sessions. That is good. I came very close to cancelling by Bloor membership today.
After class ended, somebody, I will not say whom, was throwing the medicine ball around. It was not me by the way. It bounced of the floor, and hit the mirror. The mirror is now broken. It was an accident, but I can see Paul having another shit-fit.
The old guy is going to have a stoke over all this.
In other gym news: Barry Llewelyn, one of the former owners of the Lansdowne Boxing gym, is planning on opening a new location in the Yonge and Finch area. I will update you on that news as it becomes available.
As far as Stockyards goes, I went back on Wednesday. Richard and Junmar were very happy to see me. Rick gave me some boxing instruction. He was kind of surprised that I have kind of "forgotten" my basic boxing skills. I had to remind Rick of all of the previous coaches I have had. I'm confused damn it!
Rick said "Yeah, I understand, you went through all that, and then went to Kingsway---" He did not finish that sentence, but I will finish it for him, ---they completely fucked me up...!
Looks like things are getting dramatic again. Why, why, why...me?
I just want to be a boxer, damn it!


Paul "The Brick" Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment