ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Switching Gyms...Again...Sort Of





Training Schedule Change

I am making some changes to my training schedule, to allow more time with Junmar and Richard.
I came to realize that Stockyards is my "home" gym, but I spend very little time there.
Going forward, I will be taking more technical training at Stockyards. Junmar has excellent technical boxing classes, and Rick is a great coach. 
See you at the 'Yards!

"The Green Corner" Documentary-Drama To Begin Filming In Mid-May

"The Blue Corner" is about to become "The Green Corner".
This will be an ongoing series made up of 30-minute (22-minute) TV episodes that follow Tyler, a 40 year-old former boxer trying to return to competition after 15 years. 
Sound familiar?

Filming of my documentary/drama/comedy based on this blog is set to begin production very soon.
I have some very good talented actors to help out, as well as a couple of great camera operators.
Richard has given me permission to film some scenes in his gym, provided that it does not interfere with any classes.
I agreed to film any gym scenes on weekends when it is not as busy. 
We will also be filming at various locations around the High Park/Junction/Rocny areas. 

Look for "The Green Corner", coming to YouTube and other places soon!


An Incident At Bloor Fitness Links Back To "The Brick" ??!!!

On Monday night, I was intending to go to Stockyards for Junmar's class, but I missed it due to the fact that I was late getting back to Toronto after a gig out of town, so I went to Bloor Fitness instead.  I kind of wish I did go to Stockyards.
After leaving on Monday, the door did not close properly behind me, and a "nutcase" got into the gym and started harassing the other members.
Honestly, I did not even see anyone go in, but the security camera showed otherwise.
I was informed by the manager that they have "very strict door policies".
They can have whatever policies they want, but they can not hold the members (customers) responsible for the security of the business. It is like any other business. Why should a gym be any different? 
If they want to hire someone to guard the door, that is fine. I will do it. All they have to do is ask.
The only time a member can be held liable is if someone is purposely holding the door open, and allowing friends and family to enter to use the facilities without paying. That is completely different. That is theft.
The manager was nice about it. He said that I was a good ambassador to the gym, (and I still am). I would do anything for them. I agreed that all members should "help" with making sure unauthorized people don't get in. With the understanding that we can not be held legally responsible if someone does.
That being said, members should be considerate to each other, and make sure the door is properly closed to prevent this from happening again. 
I am not going to dwell on this, as it is water under the bridge. It is just something that I had to mention for the benefit of all Bloor Fitness members.

Cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment