ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Monday's (Painful) Sparring Report

ENTRY 253


Sparring Report (Ow!): Monday

I was supposed to work on Monday, but due to a schedule change, I was off, and I'm glad I was.
I was able to get in ten rounds.
Three with Kofi, two with Nick, two with Leo and three with Tyler.
Honestly, the rounds with Kofi and Tyler were the most difficult.

Richard is not around this week, as he has gone to Europe.
I want to get as many of these long sparring sessions in as I can. 
For some reason, Richard often restricts me to two or three rounds.
I really wish he wouldn't do that.
I bet that is one of his "too old" things.

For a guy who is "too old", I did quite well.

I did well with Kofi during the first round. It was open-season on his face and body for almost all of the first round. He did not put up much defence.
Although, he seemed to "wake up" in round two. That made things a bit more challenging.

Two rounds with Nick and another two with Leo. Nothing special. I spar them often.

However, Tyler really surprised me.
It had been a while since I sparred him, and at that time, he was "okay".
This time, I had noticed a lot of improvement.
He really attacked the body a lot. That is something I was not used to. 
It was like Rocky pounding on the side of beef, but with the rest of the body attached.
It got to the point where it started to hurt.
I retired after three rounds. Not because I was tired, but because I was tired of getting hit.
There was no damage, though. I had thought for sure there would be some bruising, but there was none.
That session had taught me that I have to work on my body defence. Captain Obvious.
That is why I like to have a wide variety of guys to spar.
As I keep saying, it is a learning process.
I learned a lot on Monday. I also got a great work-out.
My shoulders, arms and legs were so sore on Tuesday.
Despite that, I still went in on Tuesday, and did three more rounds with Nick, four sets of sprints, and three times around the park.

Yeah. There are younger guys who can't do that.
Who's "too old" now?

I want an opponent in October.
I need an opponent in October.
I deserve an opponent in October.
Who wants to be my opponent in October?


Voting Almost Over

Please vote in the poll at the upper right of this entry, about your favourite parts of this blog, or leave a comment.
Less than a week left on the poll, but you may leave a comment at any time.
I can't improve this column without knowing where I need to improve.






STOCKYARDS BOXING GYM

OCTOBER 10, Tickets available soon, card TBA

NOVEMBER 21, Scheduled, TBA

BLOOR STREET FITNESS

OCTOBER 3, Tickets available soon, card TBA




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Comments From the Blue Corner" is published twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The Brick" is looking for opponents for October 10 and November 21 at George Bell Arena in Toronto.
If you are a registered Master, in Novice Division, 81 kg Class, and want to take on "The Brick", contact myself or Coach Richard Soucé at Stockyards Boxing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  180 lbs / 81 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                         
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: October 10
Training schedule: Under Review
Coach: Richard SoucĂ© 
----------------------------------------------------




THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.

TORONTO BOXING GYMS

Siberia Boxing Club (north)
Atlas Boxing Club   (north)



No comments:

Post a Comment