ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, August 1, 2015

D.I.Y.: How To Get Your Walker Through the Ring Ropes

ENTRY 246


The Slow Days of Summer

Well, here we are in the middle of summer, and things are very slow on the boxing front.
I have not yet had time to visit Siberia, but I will.
There are a few local boxing shows going on, and as usual, everyone on the team has a bout, except I. 
Nick is having his first next Saturday in Mississauga. I have been helping him train, and if it wasn't for the fact he was going to Mississauga, I would go as well, but we all know the Mississauga story by now.

Leo had his fifth bout today. 
As I mentioned before, he sees more competition than I, and I rarely see him at the gym.
Is boxing the only sport where you don't have to show up for practice in order to compete?


"You Are Too Old"

You all know how much I hate that expression. 
Richard said that to me on Thursday. 
Needless to say, I was not overly happy about it.

He was taking the boxers out to do some sprints, and it was very hot, over 30 degrees.
He said to me,"I am not going to make you do sprints. It is too hot, and you are too old.This is not for guys over 40".

This really threw me back, because Richard was the absoilute last peson I would have expected to say that.

Okay, so what is for guys over 40? 
Sitting on a lounge on the back patio, listening to CBC Radio, and drinking a bottle of Labatt 50?
You know you are getting old when: You actually like the tatse of Labatt 50.

I don't like the taste of Labatt 50, and I don't listen to CBC Radio.

I have no idea why Richard said what he did, but I was somewhat offended by it.

That may answer a lot of other questions as well. For example, why I am the only one on the Stockyards team not competing this month.
Oh, yeah! I'm too busy drinking Labatt 50.
Of course!





"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  180 lbs / 81 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Under Review
Coaches: Under Review
----------------------------------------------------




THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.

TORONTO BOXING GYMS

Atlas Boxing Club   (north)
Gideon Boxing Academy  (east)
Cabbagetown Boxing Club  (downtown)



No comments:

Post a Comment