ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I've Been Told

ENTRY 251


I've Been Told

I went through the comments for my entries over the past couple of weeks.
There was a comment on a recent entry from a very good buddy of mine .
He had a very good suggestion that I should stop complaining, and keeping to the topic, which is about my boxing.

That is a very good suggestion.
However, I feel that over the years, this blog has branched out, and has become a bit more than about boxing, but about my life in general.
Also, remember that this blog is very powerful, as are most.
You have all seen what I have been able to achieve through my complaints on this blog.
I have also added the Photo Fails, and Dunce Awards, which neither have anything to do with boxing, but are fun fill-ins.

This was one of the reasons I have created the survey at the top right, so I can find out what readers want to see in this blog.

Maybe, my buddy has a point. There may be a little too much complaining, and that may be taking away from the core content.

With his suggestion, and what I can take from the poll, I will make a decision as to where this blog will be going in the fall.
In the meantime, I will try to keep complaining to a minimum.
However, I will not totally eliminate it, as it is part of my life, for which this column is trying to represent.
Besides, creative complaining, if done properly, can be very entertaining.

Thank you to all who have been leaving comments.
They are of great help, except for the trolls, to whom I say, 'drop dead'.

...and please check out my buddy's blog HERE.
A very interesting look at news items from around the world.

...and another HERE.


"The Brick" To Stay At Stockyards...For Now

I have still not checked out the Siberia Boxing Club. 
I really have not had time, and especially now starting with a new company who is willing to provide me with full-time hours.

I have taken a long and hard look at my current situation with my boxing career, and have realized, where the hell else am I going to go?
So few boxing gyms "support" Masters boxers. Although, I still want to challenge Boxing Canada and Boxing Ontario over their retarded rules for the Masters athletes.
They are retarded. Those rules discriminate. I have mentioned that in an earlier post.

Richard is going on vacation soon, so I will be training with Junmar and Will for the rest of the month.
For the first week of September, I will be on afternoons, so I will not be able to make it into Stockyards for evening training. I will have to see about going at another time, and I will be replacing what training I don't do at Stockyards by doing more cardio and strength training at another gym.
Speaking of other gyms, there is one near my workplace. It is at Kingston Road and Queen Street, called System Fitness. I may stop in to check it out.
If I am selected to stay at that work site for a long time, it would be convenient. Bloor Fitness is not so easy to get to any more.


Monday Sparring Report

I did three really hard rounds on Monday, then bag work, and then some sprinting.
I am actually quite proud of what I have been able to accomplish. Some younger people can not do what I do every day at the gym, then go to work, and spend most of the shift standing and walking.
I am very pleased. I have worked very hard to get to where I am.
Now, if I could just get some opponents.
I don't know why nobody wants to meet me in the ring. 
Don't worry, I won't hurt you...a lot. Besides, you can't feel pain when you are unconscious.


Goodbye Beth Tzedec, Hello Woodbine Beach, Part Two

The video of my last shift at Beth Tzedec Congregation is now available for viewing.
It may not interest everyone, but those who are into urban exploration may enjoy it. As I video record my entire patrol of the inside of the building, including the creepy nooks and crannies in the basement.
Beth Tzedec: The Final Patrol

My new job is at a very expensive condo building in the Beaches area of east Toronto. 
A real estate agent told me one unit (not a penthouse suite), is currently selling for $940,000.   
That's all?
I'll take two.

I can't really say how much I like working there yet, since I have not really been there that long.

I'm sure the question on everyone's mind right now is, 'How long before someone pisses me off?'
Hmmm... OLG should start a lottery about that.

------------

Please vote in the poll at the upper right of this entry, about your favourite part of this blog, or leave a comment.

"Comments From the Blue Corner" is published twice a week, on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The Brick" is looking for an opponent for Thanksgiving weekend.
If you are a registered Master, in Novice Division, 81 kg Class, and want to take on "The Brick", contact myself or Coach Richard Soucé at Stockyards Boxing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 
WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  180 lbs / 81 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                         
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: N/A
Training schedule: Under Review
Coach: Richard SoucĂ© 
----------------------------------------------------




THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.

TORONTO BOXING GYMS

Atlas Boxing Club   (north)



No comments:

Post a Comment