ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

See You In Orangeville

ENTRY 301



NO BRONZE GLOVES, NO OPPONENT

Well, we tried.
I dropped to Light-Heavy as requested by Richard, and Richard registered me, but nobody else registered in my division except one other boxer from Stockyards.

THERE'S HOPE IN ORANGEVILLE

All is not lost, however.
Richard has informed me that there is a good possibility of getting in at least one at BigTyme Boxing in Orangeville. There could maybe even be two.
Although, I don't know who my opponent is yet.

BigTyme is having their next boxing event on March 4 to celebrate their new location on Commerce Road.
For those within the Orangeville area, come on out at support amateur boxing in your community. You may even see 'The Brick' kicking some butt in the ring.




Technical Problem Delays 'Fight Night'

I am having really odd problems with some of the videos I took last Saturday.
For example, Oliver's bout has some serious glitches. One at 11:37 causes the video to freeze. Then there is one near the end, just as the trophies are being presented, there is about a quarter of a second of video 'missing'. As if someone turned off the camera for that short time. However, the camera was always running. 
These things happen sometimes with digital video.
The oddest glitch is that the video will not play in HD. Even though it was recorded at 1080p, it will only play and render in 360p. I have even tried re-saving, no-go. I have tried uploading the RAW file to YouTube. Same. YouTube will only recognize it as a 360p.

You know me. I am a perfectionist when it comes to these kinds of things, so I will be working on fixing these glitches.
If you are waiting to see Oliver's bout. Sorry. It will be a while. 
In the meantime, I am working on the others. 
Ed's bout is almost complete and should be ready for upload later on Wednesday.

Back in the days of analogue video, we didn't have these problems.
Ah, yes. Those were the days.


======================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment