ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, February 27, 2016

When Right Is Not Right

ENTRY 302



WHEN RIGHT IS NOT RIGHT

With the possibility of a bout in two weeks, Coach Will has been working very hard with me on a few things.
Defense seems to be not so big of a problem any more. Of course that does not mean I no longer need to practice it.

We are currently working on offence. In particular, the straight right. 
Some may find it hard to believe that the straight right is one of the most difficult offensive techniques to execute properly.
Remember, this is boxing, the sweet science, not a sloppy street fight.

Will does not want me to use my favourite jab--overhand combo so much. It is getting too predictable. 

Coach Richard wants me to do this: Jab to the body, step right than throw a straight right.
That all has to be done within a half-second without causing serious injury to yourself.
The first time I tried that, I twisted my knee.
Yeah. Something tells me there was something wrong with how I did that. I don't think knee-twisting is part of the technique.

That will be what I will be working on this week.

I will be trying it while sparring.


PROFESSIONAL CARD IN MISSISSAUGA



Although I don't usually promote professional events here, I am making an exception in this case.
I would like to wish good luck to another professional boxer friend of mine, Mohammed Abedeen.
He will be kicking butt this weekend at the Hershey Centre.




======================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"








No comments:

Post a Comment