ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Dreams Of Gold

   ENTRY 401




Dreams of gold.  

The Golden Gloves tournament starts tomorrow. However, my division does not have preliminaries so I will go right to the finals. 
My opponent will be Jack Chisamore from Kingston.
Our bout is during the very last session on Sunday afternoon.

I finally did it. I made it to the Golden Gloves. I have been trying to get to that tournament for three years, and something always happened to prevent me from going.

Being in the last session gives me an additional three days to train.
My work gave me the entire weekend off so I will be training today, Thursday, and Friday. 
On Saturday, if anyone from my team will be competing, I will go in and watch.

On Sunday, it will be my turn in the spotlight.
Weigh-ins are at 8 AM. That means getting up at 6 AM because I have to allow an hour to get there. Bus service is not the best that early on a Sunday morning, and there will be no subway service either.

The key will be to work my butt off in the gym until then. 
I have extra time, I should take advantage of it.  
I have to get lots of sleep on Saturday night.

My weight is very close to what it should be, but I need to be careful.
It is going to be a salad and chicken breast diet for the next few days. Then a nice load-up breakfast on Sunday.

For anyone interested in seeing the Golden Gloves live, here is the address:

Don Valley Suites Hotel
175 Wynford Drive
Toronto

There are six sessions:

Thursday 7PM
Friday 1PM and 7PM
Saturday 1PM and 7PM
Sunday 12noon

I will be in the Sunday session.

The bout schedule is here (subject to change): Golden Gloves Schedule 


--Paul "The Brick" Brec, Silver Gloves Silver Medalist


No comments:

Post a Comment