ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

My First Golden Gloves

   ENTRY 402




MY FIRST GOLDEN GLOVES EXPERIENCE

It has happened. I have competed in my first Golden Gloves.

Unfortunately, I did not win the final. 
I walked away with a silver and a nice painful welt under my left eye.
However, it was a great experience.


Golden Gloves Silver
I feel that I did quite well.
Although, my opponent, Jack Chisamore, is a coach. 
Let's all be reasonable about this. It is a very high expectation to win against a coach. Not impossible, but quite a reach. 
I am satisfied that I tried and that I even had the opportunity.

I am also happy that I am getting a lot of ring time with this coach.
I have been in the Silver Gloves and Golden Gloves. That's two tournaments within three months. Also with the same opponent.

Now that the Golden Gloves is over, the coach has told me that I can have a break.
Therefore, I will be taking this week off from the gym, but I will be returning for regular training next week.

What is next?
I am really not sure, but I need to stay in training and in good conditioning because the coach at any time could tell me he has found an opponent for me on an upcoming card.

The two silvers look good hanging from my trophy shelf.



WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH METROPOLIS TV AND RAdiO C-65?

I have had a few questions about the state of Metropolis TV and RAdiO C-65.
In particular, What happened to them?

Let me explain.
RAdiO C-65 was an internet-based radio station run by my broadcasting company, D-I-T-O Productions of Toronto.
It was taken down earlier this year due to financial and time restraints. I wanted to channel more resources into Metropolis TV.
That being said, Metropolis TV is an internet-based TV production service also run by D-I-T-O Productions of Toronto.
We have stopped producing programming temporarily but will be starting again soon.
We no longer cover boxing, which was our main type of programming.
The reason we have stopped is a combination of a few things.
One being time. For the past few months, I was juggling my full-time job plus training for both the Silver and Golden Gloves.
Another reason we no longer cover boxing is due to the fact that YouTube for some reason frowns upon boxing. They appaer to be removing monetization from boxing videos on their system with the message 'Not advertiser freindly'. At least from mine. I find that very odd since boxing is shown on TV all the time with lots of advertising. 
The advertising revenue is important to Metropolis TV because it is the main source of income to help pay the production costs. I do not get paid for covering these events.


Not to worry.
Metropolis TV is planning new programming for 2018. 
Stay tuned!


-- 'The Brick', Golden Gloves Silver Medalist

====================================================================


No comments:

Post a Comment