ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Bell Ring=Brain Freeze and Kingston Bout Cancelled


ENTRY 418


BELL RING = BRAIN FREEZE

On April 28 in Hamilton, I stepped into the ring versus Jay Persao of the Steeltown Boxing Club.
He was a good opponent, and I had an entire plan on what I was going to do.
I was ready and I was hyped. Then it happened, DING!, first round bell. At that point, I completely forgot everything I was going to do.

I don't even want to discuss it too much because it was an absolutely terrible performance. I am much better than what I showed in the ring that night.

All I can do is move on, so that is exactly what I am going to do.

Moving on...



KINGSTON BOUT CANCELLED


My coach has removed me from my bout versus Jack Chisamore in Kingston.
His reason is due to the proximity to the Bronze Gloves which begins the following day.

Jack has since found another opponent.
This bout is very important to him because it will be his very last one and he wanted it in his hometown.
Apparently, he has never competed in Kingston.

I felt bad about it but it wasn't my decision. 
I had no problem doing both, but sometimes coaches make decisions on behalf of the athlete that the athlete does not agree with, but that is how competitive sports work.
Ultimately the coach is the boss.

I am happy that Jack found an opponent and I wish him all the best.

Now, I am training hard for the Bronze Gloves which begin on June 1. 




═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec, 2017 Golden Gloves Silver Medalist



No comments:

Post a Comment