ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, February 3, 2023

Thursday Night's Alright For Fighting

 

   ENTRY 484 | February 3 /2023

 

SHOVEL IT

Coach Johnny was away on Friday morning at the Brampton Cup, so another coach took over his session that morning.
Coach Marcus was in charge of the Friday Morning class and he did a few different things with us.
One was a circuit training with different stations and a different exercise at each one including bag work and pad work.
He also showed us a new offensive technique called a "shovel hook".  It looked more like an uppercut, but the idea is to stick upward and behind your opponent's ribs. That even just sounds painful. I like it.
It gives me something else to practice.
I am still working on the 'left...left...left' and my check hook.


THURSDAY NIGHT SPARRING REPORT 

Thursday I went in for an unusual evening session. Well., it was unusual for me since I usually go to the morning sessions.
Coach Johnny was there, but also Coach Rey and Coach Marcus.
As much as I appreciate what Coach Johnny does, it is nice to sometimes get some experience with other coaches.

I did get to do three rounds of sparring.
There were mostly young guys there. I usually don't like sparring with young guys because they are often unreasonably aggressive. It sometimes makes it difficult to work on things. You don't have to kill each other during sparring. It is only practice.
However, it turned out that these guys were beginners, and it was I who was asked to take it easy.
Oh, alright, I guess I can do that. Geez, take all the fun out of it why don't you?  :) :)


GOOD LUCK AT THE BRAMPTON CUP

Cabbagetown has sent three athletes to the Brampron Cup. 
Good luck to all of the Cabbagetown boxers who are in the Brampton Cup during the weekend of February 3.


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@paulbrickboxer)  and Mastodon (Paul'TheBrick'boxer), and view my adventures on YouTube at "Another Brick In the Sprawl"
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick"

'The Brick" is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

STATUS:
ACTIVE

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

CURRENT WEIGHT:
72 kg (160 lbs.)  ↓

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA


  


No comments:

Post a Comment