ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, April 28, 2023

What the Hell Is the "Philly Shell"?

 

   ENTRY 495 | April 28 /2023


I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU...BUT...

A coach showed me a new technique this week called the:"Philly Shell", but I'm not going to reveal what it is.
The reason is that it is very different from what I would call a normal technique for an amateur boxer.  I want to keep it to myself to try while sparring. There was no sparring this week, so I am very anxious to try it.
This technique was apparently made famous by Floyd Mayweather. 
I didn't feel comfortable with it at first because it is contrary to everything I was told about boxing. In particular, defense.




After practicing it for a while I began to like it so this will definitely be something I will be trying soon.

Other than that new technique, it was just regular training this week without sparring.
I hope I get to climb into the ring next week so I can go all out  "Mayweather" on someone.



NEXT ENTRY: May 5 /2023


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@paulbrickboxer)  and Mastodon (Paul'TheBrick'boxer), and see me tear apart inaccurate films and TV about boxing on YouTube at "The Brick"
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
70 kg (158 lbs.) 

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

COMPETITION STATUS:
PAUSED

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

 


No comments:

Post a Comment