ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, May 5, 2023

New Title--Same Great Blog!

 


   ENTRY 496 | May 5 /2023


NEW TITLE...SAME GREAT BLOG!


Welcome to "Comments From the Ring",  A new title, a new font, but the same great blog!

SPARRING REPORT: MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY

I did a total of 12 rounds of sparring this week.
Monday's sparring went great. The coach said that I did quite well. I was really aggressive and had good technique.
Wednesday's sparring also went very well. Similar to Monday. I felt really good about myself, but you know what happens when one gets too cocky with himself.
Friday was a disaster.  I didn't feel that I did very well. I got stuck quite often and I was feeling quite tired. The coach didn't even want to comment on Friday's performance. I guess every athlete has a bad day, and that is okay as long as it doesn't happen frequently.
I'm going to chalk up Friday as a bed day and work harder next week.

Not once this week did I have a chance to try the "Philly Shell", but that time will come. I need to shake off Friday's piss-poor performance first.






NEXT ENTRY: May 12 /2023


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@paulbrickboxer)  and Mastodon (Paul'TheBrick'boxer), and see me tear apart inaccurate films and TV about boxing on YouTube at "The Brick"
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
70 kg (158 lbs.)  

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

COMPETITION STATUS:
PAUSED

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

 


No comments:

Post a Comment