ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, April 14, 2023

Who Cares If You Get Hit...Keep Going

 

   ENTRY 493 | April 14 /2023


"FINISH YOUR COMBO"

There was no blog entry last week because it was a holiday in this area.
This week wasn't and because I was out of work due to unforeseen circumstances, I went to the gym every second day. It will be a while before I can do that again.

There was quite a bit of sparring, almost every day I went.
Most of you know I like sparring because it is one of the best ways to learn. 

One of the things the coach was focusing on with me was finishing my combo. He said that once I start, and I get hit, I stop. He said that I shouldn't do that,  Even if I get hit in the process, I should keep going and finish.
Okay.
I did not realize I was doing that, but it makes sense.
There is another thing to work on while sparring.

He went me to keep using the "jab-uppercut-hook" combo, plus the "step to the right".
These are all easy on the pads and bag, but prove much more difficult while sparring, but I will keep trying.

Boxing is such an amazing sport. There is always something new to try.



NEXT ENTRY: April 21 /2023


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter (@paulbrickboxer)  and Mastodon (Paul'TheBrick'boxer), and see me tear apart inaccurate films and TV about boxing on YouTube at "The Brick"
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
71 kg (160 lbs.)

STATUS:
ACTIVE

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

 


No comments:

Post a Comment