ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, July 21, 2023

The Uppercut Isn't Working

  

    ENTRY 505| JULY 21 /2023


.UMMMM...THE UPPERCUT ISN'T WORKING, COACH.

It has been a while since I have been able to do some sparing. Almost four weeks, but this week I was able to get in two sessions of sparring for a total of eight rounds.

I went in for the Thursday evening session which was quite busy and I did enjoy it. Although it was mostly the younger guys, there were a lot of guys fop sparring, but to get everyone in they restricted each one to three rounds otherwise, we would be there all night. 

I also went for my usual Friday morning session and was able to get in some more.

Sparring this week in general was good. I felt happy about my performance and the coaches were happy. 

I also did some target pad work with my coach and we worked on some new interesting combos. One was,: jab, right uppercut, hook, right cross. Sometimes he would add a duck or slip in there as well. Of course, he wants me to practice these while sparring and I do...try.
I tried really hard but for some reason, I couldn't get the uppercut to work for me. I don't know why but I was off with it. That is a roundabout way of saying that I missed. Although, I don't like to use that work because I usually don't miss.  For some really annoying reason that uppercut is giving make a problem bu7t that is why I practice. I will keep working on it until it works and then work on it some more. Never stop working. That is the key to being a successful athlete in any sport.

Overall, things are going well. It is all thanks to my hard work and of course, the coach who has stuck with me over the past few years.


Thank you to the coaches at the Cabbagetown Boxing Club and to my co-athletes who work with me.



NEXT ENTRY: July 28 /2023 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook
Visit my WEBSITE.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer who has trained for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (165 lbs.)  

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

COMPETITION STATUS:
 PENDING

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

 


No comments:

Post a Comment