ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, July 7, 2023

Video Killed the Boxing Star?

 

    ENTRY 503 | JULY 7 /2023


VIDEO KILLED THE BOXING STAR?  I HOPE NOT...

I received an unusual request this past week...from Boxing Ontario.
They wanted a copy of a video from one of my bouts. My very first one, from nine years ago,



Who remembers this bout from way back when I trained at Stockyards?

At first, I wondered why they wanted such old content. Why not something newer?
The reason is that the referee for this bout has started a training program for officials. The idea is to watch a bout and then score it and then see how well you did compared to the actual outcome. A good idea. 
Of course, he chose this bout because he was the referee. Also, this wasn't a poor bout. It was actually considered one of the best Masters bouts.
Okay... I guess.

This was back when I was in the 85 kg class. I am much lighter now at 72 kg.

That being said, the person I was speaking with at Boxing Ontario about this video is also scheduled to be the head official for the Cabbagetown Festival show in September. You know, the one I have been so urgently trying to get in?

Well, he is looking for an opponent for me. 
Although my coach has still not officially agreed to allow me to compete on that card, I really don't see him not allowing it. I have been training my ass off for six months and it is the only thing I have asked in return.

I still have about two months to train for this and I am getting better by the day.

I just hope that the 'Video Hasn't Killed the Boxing Star'.


NEXT ENTRY: July 14 /2023 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Like me on Facebook
Visit my WEBSITE.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer and has been training for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
72 kg (163 lbs.)  

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

COMPETITION STATUS:
ALMOST READY -- PENDING

STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

 


No comments:

Post a Comment