ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, August 11, 2023

An Abundance of Sparring -and- The Guys Just Want To Fight

 

    ENTRY 507| AUGUST 11 /2023


AN ABUNDANCE OF SPARRING

This week was a banner week for sparring.
I could go to the gym an additional day due to Monday being a holiday and I was off. For a total of four sessions, I was able to spar four times. It was a total of 19 rounds for the week. That is well above my goal of 10 rounds per week and may seem like a lot. However, if you remember there was a lull in sparring for almost a month and a half so this makes up for it.
At this stage, sparring is much more intense and yes I'm a bit stiff from it. My muscles are complaining a bit but I am not in pain. I shouldn't, since someone who exercises as much as I should not have muscle problems. It can still happen. I have had muscle injuries and they are very painful and last a long time. Muscle damage can decommission an athlete for a long time. Which is the reason why one still needs to be careful.
I'm fine.

THE GUYS JUST WANT TO FIGHT

...but it doesn't work that way.

One of the coaches told me about a group of guys who come into his class and all they want to do is jump into the ring and go at it old school. They are not even boxers, and so his response is, how about learning how to box first?
Yeah. That is a good idea, It is a sport after all.
I find guys who think that way to be very disrespectful. There are people who practice and train very hard to be a boxer. It is a difficult sport, and according to ESPN, the most difficult sport. It isn't about jumping onto the ring and fighting everything that walks,
They should let them register to spar, but then put each one of them in there with a boxer. They will be made to look like the biggest fools and perhaps that will change their attitudes.


SEPTEMBER 9 ?

The Cabbagetown Boxing Club boxing exhibition has been announced for the Cabbagetown Festival on September 9.
Although the card has yet to be announced so we don't know who will be in it. As I have mentioned before, I hope I am boxing on that card, but even if I am not I will be there.



NEXT ENTRY: August 18 /2023 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer trained for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (165 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Wed. 0900-1100
Thu. 1730-1930
Fri. 0900-1100
Holidays 0900-1030

COMPETITION STATUS:
 PENDING

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
TBA

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment