ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, August 18, 2023

An Uppercut To the Nose

 

    ENTRY 508| AUGUST 18 /2023


LEFT--STEP BACK--RIGHT

That is what I was working on this week with the coach.
Throw a jab, take a step back, then step forward with a straight right. It works well while doing pad work with the coach, but it is not so easy while sparring.It is something to practice. 
I am also working on throwing to the body and then popping up and landing one to the head. I have been practicing that on the bag. Also a lot harder to do while sparring.
When I tried that while sparring on Friday, I was greeted with an uppercut to the nose. That hurt a bit. 
I am definitely going to have to rethink how I do that.

TRAINING SCHEDULE CHANGE (SOON)

Only nine rounds of sparring this week and I like to do at least ten. For some reason, there was no sparring on Thursday evening and that session is usually a gold mine for sparring.

I am likely going to be dropping Thursdays from my training schedule after September 9. I generally ramp up training before a bout or exhibition. Therefore, after my demonstration on September 9, I will go back to my regular schedule until I am asked to jump into the ring again.
I will of course not be attending the Thursday evening session on "CNE Day" which will also be on a Thursday. I am not sure if it will be this coming Thursday or the next, but it is the one day of the year I can just not care about anything and relax and eat the unhealthiest foods known to man.
Give me a break, it is one day a year!



NEXT ENTRY: August 25 /2023 


░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

ABOUT 'The Brick;

'The Brick' is a competitive boxer trained for over 12 years.

STATS:

9 bouts (Boxing Ontario) 
2 bouts (Ontario Boxing Association) 
1 bout (Florida State Athletic Commission) 

DIVISION:
Masters Novice

CURRENT WEIGHT:
73 kg (165 lbs.)  

 STANCE:
Orthodox (left lead)

TRAINING STATUS:
ACTIVE -- MODIFIED

TRAINING SCHEDULE:
Wed. 0900-1100
Thu. 1730-1930
Fri. 0900-1100
Holidays 0900-1030

COMPETITION STATUS:
 ACTIVE

NEXT SCHEDULED BOUTS:
September 9 [DEMONSTRATION]
@Cabbagetoown Boxing Clun

CURRENT TEAM/CLUB:
Cabbagetown Boxing Club
Toronto

COACH:
Johnny Kalbhenn



No comments:

Post a Comment