ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Monday, December 5, 2011

I Did It...I Finally Did It...The Left Hook!




Well, another week of training gone by already.
There was another sparring day at Bloor, and more training with Richard at Stockyards.
The sparring at Bloor was nothing special this week, and it does not help that I can not video record my performance.
However, Coach Rick's class on Saturday was great. He was able to teach me to hook! Amazing! It is! For years, I have had problems with that damn left hook. Many coaches have tried to teach me. Even Junmar tried, and he's a good teacher. For some reason, it is one of those things that I could never grasp.
Well, Coach Rick was able to do it.  Through his amazing teaching techniques and patience he was able to succeed where other coaches have failed.
I tell you, Richard is amazing.
Look out, The Brick has a new weapon in his arsenal, and is not afraid to use it.

For some reason, Coach Rick now calls me "The Bush". What? I'm not even going to comment on that. Very funny Richard. Keep your day job.
What is wrong with The Brick?


Also, Bloor Boxing had some live boxing happening on Saturday, and it looks like it may be a happening more frequently. It has been over a year since the last one.
Mike asked me to photograph the event. The photos can be viewed here:
http://sports.webshots.com/album/581923250NxwsXI

It was a lot of fun, and both Mike and Paul thanked me for helping.
Not a problem. If you are good to me, I don't mind doing extra things for you.

I went to Bloor Gym on Sunday evening, there was nobody there, but I saw this:

No comment.

I won't ask.
Unfortunately, they were all empty. 

In other news on the boxing front: Jennifer Huggins is now a head official for Boxing Ontario. Yes, Jennifer from my favorite boxing gym, Kingsway. She was at the boxing on Saturday.

For the longest time, Carrie Ireland was the head official, and we became friends. She used to be a bitch to me when I first met her, but after we began to work together and understand each other, she turned out to be really friendly. Even though I don't like a lot of the things Boxing Ontario does, that is not the fault of the officials.
I hope Carrie is coming back.
Jennifer spent the whole evening giving me dirty looks.
I think the way she is handling this is childish. I don't like her boxing gym, and I don't like her coaches. Big deal. That is not going to change, and giving me dirty looks is not going to help. It just makes her look bad.
I am going to be involved with boxing for a very long time. I am not going away. She had better get used to me being around. What is she going to do once I start competing? As an official, she can not take things personally. If she screws me over (again), I will complain to Boxing Ontario.
She is handling this wrong. I'm not going into this again, but a lot of this is her fault. Grow up and accept it.

That is all for this week's report.

Paul "The Brick" Brec
Stockyards Boxing Team, Masters Novice Division, Heavyweight (92 kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment