ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, December 14, 2018

Brampton Cup Surprise

    ENTRY 445


MY COACH JUST KEEPS GETTING MORE AND MORE COOL

I just recently participated in a discussion on the Masters Boxing Division Facebook group.
I was talking about coaches and about how I have had a lot of poor coaches in the past and about how great my current coaches are.

This past weekend I met the head coach, Peter Wylie, for the very first time and he is an awesome guy. I told him how happy I was with the coaches at Cabbagetown.
I meant it. Although they are not perfect, they are the best I have had in the six years I have been boxing.

My training coach, Johnny Kalbhenn is very humble about his past. He really does not talk about himself. 
Anything I know about him I had to research myself. 
Thus far I know that he was in the 1984 Olympics. That is cool on its own, but I recently found out more. He was in movies and TV shows.
He was a cornerman in the film "Cinderella Man".
He was a referee in "Against the Ropes" and "Phantom Punch" and also in the TV movie "Rocky Marciano".

Wow, cool.

I have not seen any of these, but I guess I will now.


BRAMPTON CUP SURPRISE

Just like with the Golden Gloves, I wasn't planning on going to the Brampton Cup.

However, I thought that this may be my very last chance to be in it, I was still contemplating.
However, yesterday, I guy from Detroit registered in my division.
He actually mentioned it in a comment in the Masters Boxing Division Facebook group. 
He asked me if I was going to the Brampton Cup.
I wasn't sure, but I guess I am now.

That means that after my well-deserved break, it will once again be crunch-time.


I may have considered finishing my break a week early, but that will be the Holidays and the gym will likely not be open most days, so I will rest and prepare.

Brampton Cup training begins in two weeks! 


NOTE: Next week will be the last blog entry for 2018. There will be no blog during the Holidays.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec

No comments:

Post a Comment