ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, December 11, 2010

We'll Be Right Back After This (Somewhat Sexist) Station Break

The Holidays are close upon us, and as a result, my training is being cut back. Therefore, there is not much happening. This is a great time to take a break from my usual training blogs to discuss a topic I feel very stongly about: Women in combative sports.
As you have probably figured, I don't like it. I don't see any reason why a lady needs to be a boxer. I think it is completly and totally gross.
The problem is that every time I say something about this, I am sexist. Here is a newsflash: I am not sexist. I am opinionative. Just because a man feels that a woman should not do something does not mean he is sexist. Contrary to what they beleive, women are not equal to men. They are very different. Our body types are very different, intended for different types of activities. However, this does not in any way mean that women are inferior. I don't understand how ladies came about with this inferiority complex.

The reason why women should not be boxers for example, is that their body type is not meant for it, and it is dangerous for them. It is not sexist, it is nature.
Here is something interesting, there is still a "No low blows" rule that a applies to female boxers. Why? There is nothing down there. If anything, there should be a "No high blows" rule, because a woman's breasts can be damaged from getting hit. It's just a huge joke. I can't seem to take female boxing seriously. Besides, I have yet to see a really good woman boxer. This is also because they are not supposed to be a part of this sport.
I would like to finish off by saying, I don't care if anyone feels that I am being sexist. Let me tell you what happened when I tried to join Fitness One. I went in an wanted to joint this, apparently, all female fitness center. I was told by the manager, "You can not join. This is a woman's-only club". Oh, so, you are refusing to let me join because I am a man? Hmmmm, I don't know about you, but that sounds sexist to me.
I could have complained, and got them in trouble with the Human Rights Commission, but I didn't. Which is another thing that separates men from women. A woman would have complained. The reason we guys don't complain, it gives us ammunition against women. See, because of this, no woman can ever call me 'sexist' ever again for anything. I now have a licence to crack sexist jokes such as this one: What do you do when your dish washer stops working?........Slap her on the ass and tell her to get back into the kitchen. How about my all-time favorite Al Bundy line: If God had intended women to bowl, he would have put their breasts on thier backs, so we'd have something to look at while we wait our turn". Classic!

What, am I being sexist? Too bad. Let's see what happens when someone tries to open an all-male fitness club, or ban girls from the boxing gyms.

Paul "The Comeback Kid"

No comments:

Post a Comment