ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What Does A Boxer Do On Boxing Day?

Well, box of course.
I don't believe in shopping on Boxing Day. The way I look at it, store employees need a rest after the holiday rush. Besides, there will still be sales the day after Boxing Day.
I spent most of the day resting, but I did not do any training on Friday or Saturday, so I had to go Sunday.
I was a bit surprised, there were only a couple of people downstairs, and up in the boxing area looked like there had not been anyone there in a long time.
When I went in, the lights were off and so was the heat.  When I turned on the lights, I noticed they were paining these things. I'm not sure what they are, but they were spray painting some PVC piping connected by huge screws.





There was a settlement of spray paint all over the place. The ring even had paint on it. It is a shame because everything is now ruined. They also had all the windows open, and so the place was freezing.  Not very good when you are exercising. I don't know why they could not have waited until spring, to do this outside. Especially once I found out what these were:


Yes, they are going on the windows! How ugly is that? Welcome to Bloor Street Prison. 
It may have been OK, if they were a different colour. They should find a colour scheme, and stick with it for the whole gym.
Anyway, I did a basic workout. I did a few rounds on the bag, plus some other stuff. I will share my routine with you another time.
That's it. Boxing on Boxing Day. What else?

Paul "The Comeback Kid"

No comments:

Post a Comment