ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Want A Boxing Lesson?...Come Get One!



Want some???
Well, come get it...but its not free.

Barry has re-opened the Mix Athletic Club. It is a long story, but this is the third location. This time it is located near Christie Pits Park.
He invited me in to have a look. I have to say that it is not as large as his other locations, but it is a good size for small classes and individual training.
He said that he needed help getting people into his new location.
I offered to help him out by looking after the place during the day, but that I would also offer one-on-one training for boxers.
I would charge for the lessons, and for those who are not already members of the Mix Athletics club, I would pay a portion of the proceeds to Barry for the use of his gym. I would then be able to offer a discounted rate for members, which is incentive for people to join.

For the next couple of weeks, I will be spending about six hours a day helping out at the gym, and looking after the place, so Berry can look after other affairs.
This does not in any way change my personal training schedule with the other gyms, although I now have full use of the Mix Athletics Club as well.

Those who choose to join the Mix Athletics Club will enjoy full use of cardio and weight equipment, boxing equipment, and all classes.
Tim Merritt will be teaching the group boxing classes. He is pretty good. He taught me a bit a long time ago, before I started at Stockyards or Bloor.

Not to take anything away from Tim, I will not be conducting any group classes right now. However, I am offering scheduled private lessons.
Right now, I am offering four different types of classes. 60-minute and 90-minute classes for both novice and advanced boxers.
Please note that at this time Mix Athletics Club is not a competition facility. I am offering these lessons for people who want to learn boxing for exercise or defence only, or for competition boxers as an addition to their current training. I am not here to replace or compete against facilities such as Stockyards or Bloor Boxing.
I am still in very good relations with both of these fine fitness facilities, and I am only doing this as a form of income, and to help Berry.

Here is what I offer:

60-Minute Novice Class
Warm-up, skipping and stretching
Footwork practice
Basic defence
Basic offence
Heavy bag
Ab work, push-ups, jumping-jacks
Cool-down, stretching

90-Minute Novice Class

Warm-up, skipping and stretching
Footwork practice
Basic defence
Basic offence
Weight training for boxing
Heavy bag
Technical boxing/theory
Ab work, push-ups, jumping jacks
Cool-down, stretching


60-Minute Advanced Class*

Warm-up, skipping and stretching
Footwork practice
Shadow boxing
Advanced defence/multiple blocks
Advanced offence/combinations
Heavy bag
Ab work, push-ups, jumping jacks
Cool-down, stretching

90-Minute Advanced Class*

Warm-up, skipping and stretching
Footwork practice
Shadow boxing
Advanced defence/multiple blocks
Advanced offence/combinations
Weight training for boxing
Heavy bag
Technical sparring** (no contact) or (light contact)***
Ab work, push-ups, jumping jacks
Cool-down, stretching

*To take advanced classes, you must be able to posses a reasonable level of boxing skills.
**Technical sparring may require additional students or the participation of the instructor.
*** Light-contact sparring is not a required part of the course, and will only be offered to students who request it.

Rates for non-members:
$20 for each 60 minute class, novice or advanced
$30 for each 90 minute class, novice
$35 for each 90 minute class, advanced
10-class Pass:
$150 for ten 60 minute classes
$235 for ten 90 minute novice classes
$260 for ten 90 minute advanced classes

Rates for members of Mix Athletics Club:
25% off the above rates, plus first class free.

Rates are for the week of April 1 /2012, and are subject to change.

Gym clothes, shoes (preferably boxing shoes), skipping rope, bag gloves, and wraps are required for all classes.
Sparring gloves and safety gear are required for 90-minutes advanced classes.

For more information, visit me at 693 Bloor Street West (Behind Clinton's Pub), Monday - Thursday, Noon until 6 PM or Saturday from 3 PM until 5 PM.  You may also contact me via Kijiji (below).

See my ad in Kijiji:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-services-fitness-personal-trainer-PRIVATE-BOXING-LESSONS-REASONABLE-RATES-W0QQAdIdZ367792797

I am offering a discount for readers of this blog. From April 2 until April 6 /2012 only, mention "Comments from the Blue Corner", and get 10% off your first five classes.

That's all for this week.
I apologize if this week's entry looks like an advertisement. As I said before, I am trying to help a friend.

Paul "The Brick" Brec
Stockyards Boxing Team/Bloor Boxing Team, Master's Division Heavyweight (90 kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment