ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, April 20, 2012

Road To the Pan-Ams, After A Short Detour


Notes about this blog: 
This blog is changing! Not to worry, it is not changing that much, and hopefully for the better.
Two things about language. First of all, I am going to be cleaning up the language used. Although, I believe in freedom of speech, and that a writer should be able to use profanity as he pleases. However, I don't think it fits a news article. At the same time, I don't want to go too far the other way, either. 
I have decided to replace 'sh*t' and 'f*ck' with other words such as 'crapolla' and 'freaking'.  This will take affect immediately, but I will not be going back to edit older entries.
Also, you may have noticed that this blog has become bilingual. 
The reason for this is more for myself. I plan on moving to Quebec in a couple of years, and the primary language of business is French. By writing in bilingual, it helps me learn the language by comparing it to the English. 
Right now, I am using translation software and then doing manual tweaks. My goal is to eventually not need the software at all. 
Anyone who understands French, and wants to provide feedback, it is appreciated.   
Lastly, I will be changing the photo. This photo has been used here for a long time, and the thing is, it is outdated. I no longer wear that uniform. A new photo is being done with my new green and black uniform.
I will also be using a new font "Verdana" starting this week.
Enjoy.




Let me start by clarifying my plans before everyone starts freaking out.
My goal is still to try to make the Pan-Am Games in Toronto. However, after that, I will be moving to Montréal, where I may still continue boxing at a recreational level. That still gives me over three years of training in Toronto. The reasons for my move to Montreal are personal, and will not be discussed here.
I know that I may have said I only want to compete for a year, but that can not be possible if I want to represent Canada in the Pan-Ams. 
Will I be too old? Well, you already know how I am going to answer that, so I won't bother.


As I keep saying, sparring is one of the most important parts of training for a boxer. I was able to get two sessions in this week at Bloor Boxing, but I am still having a few problems getting partners at Stockyards, which is where my main coach is located. 
I am hoping to start getting more, once I see more guys in my division come forward. However, for sparring, I don't see why I can't go against open-class guys, either. 


I am going to have to get off the pot, and get my Boxing Ontario certification re-done. I have been putting it off, but it looks like I am now going to have to do it. Next month, I will be doing it. Once that is done, I will seriously talk to Coach Richard about competing. It also means I can do some more serious sparring. I can spar with guys from other clubs.
That brings me to something else. A boxer from Kingsway read my last entry, and accepted my challenge. He wants to have a match against me, so I can prove that Kingsway coaches suck. 
Although, that was not really meant to be a challenge, but it is still a great idea. Once I have my re-certification from Boxing Ontario, I am going to see if I can bring this Kingsway boxer in for some hard sparring, and eventually a match. Since the cry-baby coaches at Kingsway won`t let me go there.
I am really looking forward to this. I am going to really hype this. 
I mean, if this " boxer" from Kingsway doesn't mind getting creamed and made a fool of in front of an audience, then I am all for it. I hope he remembers to bring his crying towel. Oh, and I am going to get Rogers TV to broadcast it as well. Maybe he should bring another towel.
See, the hype has started already.


The two sparring sessions this week were very constructive. Both times I got nailed quite nicely in the ribs. Yes, I still have to work on body defence. 
On Thursday, I sparred a guy who was very young. I believe he is below 20, and I'm sorry, I forgot his name.  He is very aggressive, which is understandable, his testosterone is sky-high.
As I always say, if you go easy on me, I will do the same. However, if you hit me hard, I hit back equally as hard.
Kobe then called me out, "Paul", and I turned, and got clocked on the chin in the process. Thanks, Kobe. Anyway, he said that I was hitting too hard. Well, I was only hitting as hard as I was getting hit. 
Okay, what ever.


That's all for this entry.


Paul "The Brick" Brec,
Stockyards Boxing Team/Bloor Boxing Team, Master's Division, Heavyweight (90 kg)

---------------------------------------- Français -----------------------------------------------------



Remarques à propos de ce blog:
Ce blog est en pleine mutation! Ne vous inquiétez pasil ne change pas tant que ça, et nous espérons pour le mieux.
Vous avez sans doute remarqué que ce blog est devenu bilingue.
La raison de ce qui est plus pour moiJ'ai l'intention de s'installer au Québec dans unecouple d'annéeset la langue principale de l'entreprise est le françaisEn écrivant en version bilingueça m'aide à apprendre la langue en la comparant à la version anglaise.
À l'heure actuelle, je suis en utilisant un logiciel de traduction et puis en faisant quelques réglages manuelsMon objectif est de finalement pas besoin du logiciel du tout.
Quiconque comprend le françaiset veut fournir de la rétroactionil est apprécié.
Enfin, Je vais changer la photoCette photo a été utilisé ici pour une longue périodeet la chose est, il n'est pas à jourJe ne porte plus que l'uniformeUne nouvelle photo se fait avec mon uniforme vert et noir nouvelle.
Je vais aussi utiliser une nouvelle police "Verdana" dès cette semaine.
Profitez.



Permettez-moi de commencer par clarifier mes plans avant tout le monde commence à flipper.
Mon objectif est toujours d'essayer de faire les Jeux panaméricains à Toronto.Cependant, après cela, je vais déménager à Montréal, où je pourrai continuer la boxe à un niveau récréatif. Cela me donne encore plus de trois années de formation à Toronto.Les raisons de mon déménagement à Montréal sont personnelles, et ne seront pasdiscutés ici.
Je sais que j'ai pu dire je ne veux de concourir pour un an, mais qui ne peuvent pas être possible si je veux représenter le Canada dans le Pan-Ams.
Vais-je trop vieux? Eh bien, vous savez déjà comment je vais répondre à cela, je ne vais pas la peine.


Comme je dis toujours, sparring est l'un des éléments les plus importants de la formationpour un boxeur. J'étais en mesure d'obtenir deux séances cette semaine au Bloor boxe,mais je suis encore avoir quelques problèmes réunir les partenaires au Stockyards, qui est où mon coach principal est situé.
J'espère commencer à obtenir plus, une fois que je vois plus de gars dans ma divisionse manifester. Toutefois, pour le sparring, je ne vois pas pourquoi je ne peux pas aller à l'encontre de classe ouverte gars, que ce soit.

Je vais avoir à descendre le potet obtenir mon Boxing Ontario certification refaireJe l'ai mise hors tension, mais il semble que je vais maintenant avoir à le faireLe mois prochain, je vais être le faireUne fois cela faitje me suis sérieusement parler àl'entraîneur Richard sujet de la concurrenceCela signifie également que je peux faire un peu de sparring plus graveJe ne peux bagarrer avec des gars d'autres clubs.
Cela m'amène à autre choseUn boxeur de Kingsway lire ma dernière entréeet accepté mon défiIl veut avoir un match contre moi, alors je peux prouver que les entraîneurs Kingsway sucer.
Bien quequi n'a pas été vraiment destiné à être un défimais il est encore une excellente idéeUne fois que j'ai mon re-certification de boxe de l'Ontarioje vais voir sije peux apporter ce boxeur Kingsway pour certains sparring dur, et finalement un match.Étant donné que les entraîneurs bébés
 à Kingsway gagné le `t laissez-moi y aller.
Je suis vraiment impatient de cela. Je vais vraiment battage cela.
Je veux dire, si ce «boxer» de Kingsway ne dérange pas d'avoir la crème et fait un fou de devant d'un publicalors je suis tout à faitJ'espère qu'il se souvient d'apporter sa serviette de pleurer. Ohet je vais me Rogers TV de la diffuser ainsiPeut-être qu'ildevrait apporter une autre serviette.
Voirle battage médiatique a déjà commencé.

Les deux séances d'entraînement cette semaine ont été très constructives. Les deux fois, je me suis cloué tout à fait bien dans les côtes. Oui, je dois encore travailler sur la défense du corps.
Le jeudi, je sparred un gars qui était très jeune. Je crois qu'il est inférieur à 20, et je suis désolé, j'ai oublié son nom. Il est très agressif, ce qui est compréhensible, sa testostérone atteint des sommets.
Comme je dis toujours, si vous allez-y doucement sur ​​moi, je vais faire la même chose.Toutefois, si vous me frapper dur, j'ai frappé de retour tout aussi difficile.
Kobe puis m'a appelé, "Paul", et je me suis tourné, et s'est synchronisé sur le mentondans le processus. Merci, Kobé. Quoi qu'il en soit, il a dit que je frappais trop fort. Eh bien, je ne faisais que frapper aussi fort que je me faisais frapper. 

D'accord, ce que jamais.

C'est tout pour cette entrée.


Paul "La Brique" Brec,
équipe Parcs à bestiaux de boxe / Bloor boxe d'équipe, Division de maîtrise, poids lourd (90kg)





No comments:

Post a Comment