ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chicken About Chicken





Welcome to Entry 156.
Sparring report, and I turn chicken about chicken.








Wednesday Sparring

Not a lot of guys showed up for sparring on Wednesday, so I was only able to get in four rounds.
That is only six rounds for the week. 
Also, next week the gym will be closed on Monday, so no sparring then either.

I don't think I did that poorly, since all of the guys I sparred, except for one, have all had previous competition experience.

Although, I need to find a way to get more sparring. It is so important now, more than ever.

Chicken About Chicken

On the way home from the gym, I wanted to stop by the Metro to pick up dinner. 
Initially, I was going to get a chicken breast and a salad.

The Maple Leaf poultry processing plant is unfortunately located between the boxing gym and the Metro store.
I don't think I need to describe the smell coming from it in the summer.
However, on that day, I noticed a truck in front of the plant.
It is unusual for a tractor-trailer to be stopped there.
I looked in the trailer, and noticed a bunch of small, plastic crates. Inside each one of these tiny creates was a live chicken. 
These crates were not even big enough for them to stand in.
There must have been 100 of them, and they were all looking at me, as if saying, "Help us."

I promptly changed my mind about dinner. I decided on just getting a large salad. I was kind of turned off of eating chicken.

After finishing at the Metro store, about 20 minutes later, I noticed the same truck leaving with all the crates empty.
I would like to know how they off-loaded 100 live chickens, and then put all the crates back onto the truck in less than 20 minutes.

I think that is something that we are better off not knowing.


New Rules For Posting Comments

Due to abuse (posting comments unrelated to the subject, spam, and advertising), commenting on any entries now requires an admin. approval.
Any comments that are found to be blatantly disrespectful or disregarding the rules will be deleted, and the person posting will be reported to Google. 
No exceptions.


My Comeback Bout...Soon

Stockyards Boxing's next show will be in June, when I am scheduled to make my official comeback appearance.
The original date of June 14, may be changed. Keep looking at this blog for the date.

Don't forget to buy tickets to support your local boxing gym, and see The Brick's official comeback.
"I will be there to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum".


Videos From the Blue Corner

Don't forget about the video blog here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpW5w09dBV9a7mMEEeJO-uQ

I put a lot of work into these, so please have a look, and comment on what you would like to see.

One time soon, I will show our sparring sessions.
Although, I have been forgetting to bring the camera!






NEXT SCHEDULED BOUT: JUNE  14 @ Padarewski Park

-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 0  / 1 
Weigh-in on May 9 / 2014 @ 84 kg / 187 lbs. {down}
Last bout: September 21 / 2013 [Exhibition]
Next scheduled bout: June 14  / 2014 @ Padarewski Park
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, with sparring twice weekly
Coaches: R. Soucé, J, Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment