ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Power of the Blog





Welcome to Entry 155.
In this entry: 
Our new "permanent" banner....see ^
(Until I decide to change it)
and, Does the "Stupidity Files" actually work?
Also, Sometimes sparring really hurts.






The Power of the Blog


If you recall, a few entries ago, I nominated 'yelp.ca' for the Stupidity Files, giving them a "4 Dunce-cap" rating for not publishing every one's reviews.
Well, up to that point, none of mine had been published.
Ticked off with them, I had not been back to yelp.ca since yesterday. At that time, I went back to see what had been going on.
To my surprise, all of my reviews had been published. Nicely and proudly displayed on the respective businesses' entries.

Is it coincidence, or the power of the blog ?

Thank you to Yelp for making the right decision.
Not posting everybody's reviews was unethical.


Right On Target...Ow!

I usually do my sparring report on Thursday, after I have completed both sparring sessions for the week.
However, on Monday, I was only able to get barely two rounds in.

I sparred Justin, and I have to say, I really don't like sparring him.
He is a really big guy. He is up around 235, and built like a professional wrestler, than a boxer. As a result, he hits really hard.

He decided to try this new really short, but sharp right hook on me.

Let me put it this way, it works.

He nailed me right on the jaw, and it really hurt. To the point where I had to forfeit sparring for the day.
Honestly, if I was anyone else, he would have put me down.

He was all apologetic about it. 
Why? I am glad it happened during sparring. 

If I recall correctly, that happened once before.

There is an obvious flaw in my defense.

I think I know what it is. 
I am dropping my left when I throw my right cross. A common, but very 'deadly' error among boxers.

It is so easy for a guy to counter that, as well. It is just a matter of slipping, and then springing back around with a right hook. Just as Justin did.

I have to fix that before my match on June 14. 
Although, I am hard to knock out, the idea is to not get hit.
A strike like that will almost definitely cause a Standing-8 count, and in Master's Novice division, two of those in a round, and they will stop it.

I have five weeks to work on that.

I can't get hit by that again.



Videos From the Blue Corner


EPISODE 3: A Day At the Mall, A Night At the Gym








Pizza-Pizza gets into the Files this time.
I ordered from them to deliver to my work on Saturday morning, which they did.
Then I get a message on Sunday morning from Pizza-Pizza customer service telling me that they were unable to deliver my order, as I could not be reached.
Well, no. I was not at work on Sunday morning. That is why I ordered on Saturday morning.
I don't understand why they tried to deliver the same thing again the following day.
They did that once before, except that time I was at work to receive it, but I don't work Sunday mornings any more.

Pizza-Pizza gets "4 Dunce-Caps" for making the same mistake twice, and wasting food.





NEXT SCHEDULED BOUT: JUNE 14 @ GEORGE BELL ARENA


-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
STATS
Record: 0 / 0  / 1 
Weigh-in on May 9 / 2014 @ 84 kg / 187 lbs. {down}
Last bout: September 21 / 2013 [Exhibition]
Next scheduled bout: June 14 / 2014 @ George Bell Arena
Training schedule: Monday to Sunday, with sparring twice weekly
Coaches: R. Soucé, J, Emon
Resting HR: 64 - 68
Stance: Orthodox 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment