ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Making the Weight and Almost An Opponent

ENTRY 239

Next scheduled bout: July 11 @ George Bell Arena, Opponent TBA




MONDAY: 2 rounds, focus on offence
TUESDAY: 4 rounds, focus on defense
THURSDAY: 7 rounds, focus on footwork 

WEEK TOTAL: 13 rounds



SUNDAY: Cardio, resistance training, 60 minutes
MONDAY: Sparring, shadow boxing, bag, 90 minutes 
TUESDAY:Sparring, technical training  60 minutes
WEDNESDAY: Cardio, bag  60 minutes
THURSDAY: Sparring, technical training, bag, 75 minutes
FRIDAY: Cardio, resistance training 60 minutes

WEEK TOTAL:  405 minutes

Training schedule: Fri. Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards). Sat. (Blog update)

======================================


Almost An Opponent


Richard received a response about an opponent for me for the Atlas show on Saturday. However, he did not agree to it since the guy has more ring experience that I.
Eight bouts as opposed to my three.
Richard said to me, "I know you can take care of yourself in the ring, but that is a lot of experience to give away..."

That is why I was not in the Atlas show.

However, there is still a chance to be in the next Stockyards' show on July 11.

I will keep working very hard. 
It is getting frustrating, though, I spend so much time at the gym, and guys who spend fewer hours at the gym, are getting more ring time.
I mean, how am I supposed to get ring experience?

That is one of the reasons I do so much sparing. Although, it does not really count as ring experience, it keeps me in practice.


No Gym On Wednesday, But Extra Training On Thursday

I was called into work at the last minute on Wednesday afternoon shift, to cover a special event. so I could not make it into Stockyards.
However, on Thursday I wanted to get in early to make up for not going the previous day, but of course, the bus was late.
Richard was not in on Thursday, but I got to get some attention from Will.
Will is our guest coach from Bramalea Boxing Club. 
He took me into the ring and had me practice, "My deadly overhand right".
I also got to do a few rounds of sparring with both Nick and Junior,


Made the Weight

Near the time I started at Stockyards, I had set a weight-loss goal. 
At that time, my goal was to get down to 185 lbs.
I succeeded that goal, so I set another. 
My next goal was 178.
On Thursday, my weigh-in at the gym was 178 lbs.

I guess this means I should set another goal, or just coast?
I don't want to turn into nothing. That is not good, either.
Right now, I am at proper weight for my height and build.

I'm thinking of setting a goal of 175. Just to give me a target.


Ticked Off At the TTC...As Usual

They should call it the CTC, Crappy Transit Commission.


Here is a visual example of why I get so ticked off at the TTC.
Keep in mind that a bus pass in Toronto costs almost $150.

This photo was taked at the Jane Subway Station bus platform, early Saturday afternoon:



As you can see, the platform is crowded, and there are four buses all waiting at the opposite end of the platform. They are all the same route, and are obviously late.

Here is an idea: Move your asses, and pick up the passengers. Why the fuck are you waiting over there?
It was another five minutes before the first bus driver decided to get his fat ass in gear.

$150 for a bus pass, people.....150 freaking dollars!!!!!!!

Can you understand why I complain?
Wow.
If bus drivers were any lazier, they would be comatose.







  Stockyards Boxing and Fitness Fight Night XXV
  July 11, Doors 7PM, Seats $20 
 Tickets available at the door or in advance at the gym at George Bell Arena.
  Scheduled bouts include Stockyards' own Oliver Kladnik, Kofi Sarpong, and      Mike (Tyson) Barr, who knocked out his last opponent.
  More to be announced.








"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  178 lbs / 80 kg {down}

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  130 - 134 
HR stressed, after sparring  134 - 138 




                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: July 11
Training schedule: Fri, Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards).  Sparring  3 - 4 times weekly.
Coach: Richard SoucĂ©  / Trainer: Junmar Emon
----------------------------------------------------






THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST

Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario




Mississauaga

No comments:

Post a Comment