ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Special Edition: Reader Input Requested

ENTRY 240A

Next scheduled bout: July 11 @ George Bell Arena, Opponent TBA
Next scheduled bout: August 1 @ Brant Curling Club, Opponent TBA



Special Edition: Your Input

I know it is rare for me to publish on a Tuesday, and it is even more rare for me to ask for advice from my readers, but I have a dilemma.

Here is the thing:
I spend a lot of time training at the boxing gym Stockyards.
Every time a card becomes available, I end up not being able to get an opponent.
However, I see guys who rarely show up at the gym, getting all kinds of bouts, even other Masters
I don't want to mention names, but one guy who shows up once a week, or fewer, is getting a bout in August. This is the second time this has happend. This particular boxer always loses.
I wonder why?

I don't want to sound like I am just being a complainer. I am trying to make a point.

Why do I spend so much time at Stockyards?
I mean, in my opinion, guys who train the hardest, should be the first in line to compete.

Richard keeps telling me that he is looking for opponents for me, but it always seems to fall through.

Richard also feels that I am "sparring enough". That actually means "too much".
I personally feel that I don't spar enough.
I remember sparring up to 20 rounds a week, and he has cut it back to about 10 or less.

I have not yet told Richard how I feel, because I really don't know what to do at this point.

Can you see how this is frustrating?

Therefore, I am putting this option out to you.

Do you, my loyal readers, and maybe some newer readers, feel that I should cut back on training at Stockyards, and do more elsewhere, or just keep up what I am currenlty doing?

It has nothing to do with how nice a person is, or how hard the coach is trying.
It just seems that I am training very hard for nothing.

I have put boxing ahead of my wife, and even work.
Since seeing my bouts on the internet, my workplace is impressed with what I can do in the ring, and has said that they would give me time off to compete.
I book time off when a card is coming up, but I have not been on the card.

I realize I can't be on every card, but I have not had one bout all year, and the year is half over.

Please use the poll on the top-right of this blog to vote.

Thanks.






  Stockyards Boxing and Fitness Fight Night XXV
  July 11, Doors 7PM, Seats $20 
 Tickets available at the door or in advance at the gym at George Bell Arena.

  Bloor Boxing Card
  July 18  
  Tickets available at the door or in advance at Bloor Fitness and Boxing. 









"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  178 lbs / 80 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: July 11
Training schedule: Fri, Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards).  Sparring  3 - 4 times weekly.
Coach: Richard SoucĂ©  / Trainer: Junmar Emon
----------------------------------------------------






THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
NEW! Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.





Mississauaga

No comments:

Post a Comment