ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Is It Possible To Get A Black Eye In Brantford?

ENTRY 241





Changes To the Blog, Tidiness Counts

Lately this column has been looking a bit cluttered, so I have decided to change the layout to clean it up.

You may have noticed that "Sparring Report" and "Training Report" are gone.
I am tracking these for myself, but I am now doing this elsewhere, so they are no long pert of the blog.

Any interesting information about sparring will now be part of the rest of the entries, as it originally was.

Also, the sign at the top, is going to become a regular on this blog.
Fitting, isn't it?


Training Schedule?

I am keeping the survey open for another week, for those to help me decide on how to handle my training schedule.
So far, readers think I should not change my training.
Thank you for voting. It helps.

I am still very frustrated with the fact that it is so hard to get opponents.
I am not necessarily blaming Richard, but Boxing Ontario has a lot of rules for Masters that make things difficult.

What annoys me about all this is that Boxing Ontario does not have a specific registration procedure for Masters. We have to register as Elite.
That is not right, because we pay the same fee as Elite, but don't get nearly as many bouts. Our fee should be lower.
Am I wrong?
From my research, USA Boxing has a specific registration for Masters. They have their own passbook (yellow, instead of blue), and they pay less for registration. 
In the U.S., Masters must register directly will USA Boxing, instead of going through the local state commission. 
There are disadvantages to that as well.
The medical conditions are more strict.
USA Boxing requires regular Stressed EKG tests, and medical exams for all athletes who register with them.
Not always true when registering through the state.
This is true with Boxing Ontario, except the EKG test.
Although, my physician requires me to get one done every year. It is a decision of my doctor and not a requirement of Boxing Ontario.
This test is not covered, and costs $95.


Brantford Boxing Card In August

The Brantford Black Eye Boxing Club is looking for Masters for their card on August 1.
Richard has submitted my name, but I am not counting on getting anything. If I get an opponent, that would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.


Photo Fail of the Week

I took this one myself. I thought it was a bit odd.

'You can`t get there from here...except by motorcycle...maybe...'









  Stockyards Boxing and Fitness Fight Night XXV
  July 11, Doors 7PM, Seats $20 
 Tickets available at the door or in advance at the gym at George Bell Arena.

  Bloor Boxing Card
  July 18  
  Tickets available at the door or in advance at Bloor Fitness and Boxing. 




"The Brick"
Next scheduled bout: August 1 @ Brant Curling Club, on standby



"The Brick"
STATS
Record: 0 / 2 / 1 

 September 27 /2014 vs. Matt Standish [Loss by decision] @ 85 kg
 June 14 /2014  vs. Leo Ronin [Loss by decision] @ 86 kg
September 21 /2013 Exhibition @ 90 kg
Stance: Orthodox  (Left lead) / Style: Offensive-Aggressive
Status:  ACTIVE 

WEIGH-IN
*Daily within 2 weeks of a match, weekly otherwise.
   Current:  178 lbs / 80 kg 

MEDICAL
HR resting 60 - 64
HR stressed, on treadmill  128 - 130 
HR stressed, after sparring  132 - 138 




                                                                          
-----------------------------------------------
"The Brick", member of the Stockyards Boxing Team
Stockyards Boxing and Fitness, 215 Ryding Ave., Toronto
---------
Next scheduled bout: August 1
Training schedule: Fri, Sun (Bloor), Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs (Stockyards).  Sparring  3 - 4 times weekly.
Coaches: Richard SoucĂ©, Junmar Emon, Will (Bramalea)
----------------------------------------------------






THE BRICK'S LINKS

OTHER LINKS OF INTEREST


Fight Network TV channel dedicated to combat sports
Boxing Ontario  Regulatory body for amateur boxing in Ontario
NEW! Masters Division Boxing Site dedicated to boxers over age 35.





Mississauaga

No comments:

Post a Comment