ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, January 27, 2018

SURPRISE: Out Pops An Opponent

   ENTRY 407



OPPONENT FOR THE BRAMPTON CUP: UNEXPECTED

Next weekend will be the Brampton Cup. This is the largest tournament held in Ontario. It is one of very few where athletes from all over North America compete. 
The Brampton Cup is hosted by the Bramalea Boxing Club and has been held every year for a very long time. I can't find the year the Brampton Cup started, but it has been a while.

From the start of training camp I never really expected to get into the Brampton Cup. 
I went to training camp anyway, just in case.
I am glad I did. On the last day of registrations there was an entry in my weight class. A guy from Hamilton.
This caught me off guard. I thought I would not have an opponent. 

However, he does not have any ring experience. His profile is listed as "0" bouts.
That might mean that they may not allow us to compete because of the difference in experience. 
Sometimes they split the division into novice and sub-novice. Up to 5 bouts and more than 5 bouts. If they do that it would put us in different categories.
However, something tells me they won't.

My wife said that this will be "easy" since the guy has no experience.

I do not believe that.
I never assume that an opponent will be easy to beat. That is being cocky. You know what happens to cocky athletes in any sport?...They end up getting their butts kicked all over the place.
If anything, it is likely this guy may end up being super aggressive. It is his first time competing. It is a major tournament, and his opponent is more experienced. 
If it was me I would certainly be aggressive. I'd be trying for a knock-out. 
Seriously.

I have to take this guy just as serious as I did Jack Chisamore and all of my other previous opponents.

Although this will be the last entry until after the Brampton Cup, I will keep you all updated through social media. 

Follow me/Like me on Facebook

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Paul 'The Brick' Brec, Golden Gloves Silver Medalist 

No comments:

Post a Comment